mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Upset 2013 S-Works Epic Warrenty

Last March I purchased a 2013 S works Epic Frameset which comes with the brain fork.

The paint on the top tube began cracking and the frame has been warrantied.

To my disappointment they wont replace the front fork, the frame I had is orange and blue and forks look horrible on the black, whit and red frame.
    Is a pathetic complaint but disappointing when I forked out $7500 NZD for this frame and have now ended up with a piece-meal bike. They wont even offer the fork to buy separately and I may even have to pay for a new seat post as the new ones are smaller!!!

Bit of a piss-off when none of it was my doing!

anyone else had this problem?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Not really acceptable in my view but I think Rockshox still sell fork stickers separately, so probably best to go down that route if they aren't wiling to budge. I guess the positive is that you get a 2014 as a replacement, not that it's too different.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I used stickers as well. My 2012 S-Works warranty is currentyl in progress. Letīs see what the offer???

old fart
    Mar 2010
    The "fix" would be pretty straight forward. Remove the lowers and re-spray them in the colour you want, and then re-apply stickers (they are a f/s item)

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It wouldn't be so bad if the lowers were like this year where they are just stickers. Last years are painted on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

The same problem, but with an 2012 comp carbon 29

Quote Originally Posted by nicken View Post
    Last March I purchased a 2013 S works Epic Frameset which comes with the brain fork.

The paint on the top tube began cracking and the frame has been warrantied.

To my disappointment they wont replace the front fork, the frame I had is orange and blue and forks look horrible on the black, whit and red frame.
    Is a pathetic complaint but disappointing when I forked out $7500 NZD for this frame and have now ended up with a piece-meal bike. They wont even offer the fork to buy separately and I may even have to pay for a new seat post as the new ones are smaller!!!

Bit of a piss-off when none of it was my doing!

anyone else had this problem?

I've had exactly the same problem, but mine is an 2012 comp carbon 29. I sent an email to specialized, lets see what they say about it.
    Did they give you the 2014 frame? The new colors would look horrible with my fork and wheels too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    If the frame needs warrantied then only the frame is replaced. According to Spec: "it will be repaired or replaced with the most comparable option, at Specialized's sole option." You'll also have to cover the build of the new frame. Remember, they'll only honor work done by a Spec dealer

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Received the info 2 days ago that my shop has received a 2014 S-Works frame all black - very happy with the response. My dealer is now looking for a 2014 fork ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Great to hear they looking after you. My dealer cant get fork as Specialized dont provide them as a stock item. Still think its ******** but anyway, miles well brought a shitty old comp carbon then could just get new forks to suit.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    My dealer also tries to organize a 2014 fork for me. Keep my fingers crossed!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Guys, did they make you pay extra for forks? What was the deal?