Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Different color came in to the shop today.

Not mine (unfortunately) but my 10 year old son approves.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Nice, was looking at the 2012 in same color but I am even happier with the team version in black/red!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by epicbiker View Post
    I also can´t believe the weight.
    Here is my epic. Weight is 8.98kg. My weight shows the same like my part-list.

Best regards
    Marcus

Damn, thanks for the inspiration. I need to talk to my wife

mtbr member

She is chubby...;)

First of all sorry not couldn´t answer earlier, a busy, busy busy week in work…

You guys are absolutely right. She does not weight 9.2. Kg! I made measurements in a terrible hurry with my old fish scale (didn´t even own any digital one... I prefer training & racing, not having any partlist with weights, sorry)

The feedback bothered me so badly that I went last evening to hardware store and buy a new digital scale… The result? 9.39kg. So, she is chubby…
    My deepest apologies I gave you invalid information! That was not intention.

All the best & have a nice Christmas!
    Panu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-kuva%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2008
    puh, almost a downhiller ;-)

Great weight anyway - have fun in the snow with it (at least today!)

mtbr member
    As i said - realistic

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FastZR1 View Post
    Different color came in to the shop today.

Not mine (unfortunately) but my 10 year old son approves.

I wanted that color but it was NOT available at the time of my purchase. Guess I'll settle for the satin carbon look.
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Panu Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by PanuV View Post
    Santa Claus came a little earlier and bring me a new race machine...

-SW Epic, M
    -XX1 with trigger (32, 34, 36 chainrings)
    -Syntace bar (Duraflite 630mm, carbon) & Stem (F109, 100mm), ESI Racer Edge grips, Extralite Cyberends
    -Magura MT8 with Srub Raceday rotors + ti bolts
    -AX lightness Daedalus seatpost + Selle SLR XC saddle + Carbon-Ti X-clamp 3 seat collar
    -Roval Control SL 29 142+ wheelset, Tune DC17 Quick Release, front
    -Crank Brothers Eggbeater 11
    -some ti-bolts...

BR,
    Panu
    Panu,

Come and show to Brazilians fans your dream machines at weightweeniesbrasil.com.br

I prefer Cannondale, but your bikes really me hehehehe

RIDE...
    Mine without pedals is 8.920 kg is 2012 originally it was shimano, now is XX1, carbon ti integrated chainring, mcfk seatpost and handlebar, extralite titanium bolts, magura mt8 brakes with formula 160 mm rotors, aluminium m6 bolts, tubless setup, syntace x12, and carbon ti qr

2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356237725.714935.jpgName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356237745.120771.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  25.0 KB2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356237769.488177.jpg2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356237792.987563.jpg2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356237815.521615.jpg2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356237834.154685.jpg2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356237950.688109.jpg
    Last edited by MarcoL; 12-22-2012 at 09:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Thats quite nice - are there any problems regarding the integrated chainring? I am also interested in buying one and i think there are even versions available where a smaller chainring can be mounted at the large one. But you save the spider. Are you satisfied with that ring? How is shifting speed/quality?

RIDE...
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Worker View Post
    Thats quite nice - are there any problems regarding the integrated chainring? I am also interested in buying one and i think there are even versions available where a smaller chainring can be mounted at the large one. But you save the spider. Are you satisfied with that ring? How is shifting speed/quality?

Hola S-worker, I can not answer your question, I have finished the bike yesterday, and have not used yet, this week I will try and let you know.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dang some sick bikes on this tread... MarcoL I'm digging that spider-less chain ring on the s works crank..

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    @MarcoL
    Nice bike! Do you have a picture that shows the complete bike?
    Do you have the weight of the MT8. Only levers and calipers without bolts, adapter etc.

Best regards
    Marcus

RIDE...
    Marcus,

No I do not have pictures on the mt8 but here is the crankset. 2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356275319.953820.jpg

And with my fat bike:

2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356275351.253262.jpg

2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356275418.570108.jpg

2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356275460.886671.jpg

It is impressive how the xx1 low the weight the carbon ti chainring it is very good I put 4000 Kilometers on that one ( it had an double xx ) and when removed was almost new,

I finally finished the complete overhauling of this bike,

I had the idea of Ashima ai2 rotors but I do not know, i could drop another 60 grams, formulas works great and the other are the hope "race" not very sure, I still have the scrubs but in long descents are noisy.

Marcus, let me tell you that your bike was the inspiration I do not know if I should go with a low weight wheel set..

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Perhaps i will buy a wheelset like this Laufradsatz 29" Extralite HyperHubs | Duke "Lucky Jack" | 1.250g, 1.8
    I think that´s the only thing i will change. The rest fits me perfect!

Bye
    Marcus
    Last edited by epicbiker; 12-23-2012 at 01:43 PM.

mtbr member
    This thread makes my S-Works look like crap now. Gee, thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Mine without pedals is 8.920 kg is 2012 originally it was shimano, now is XX1, carbon ti integrated chainring, mcfk seatpost and handlebar, extralite titanium bolts, magura mt8 brakes with formula 160 mm rotors, aluminium m6 bolts, tubless setup, syntace x12, and carbon ti qr
    I had a Extralite Ultrastem OC stem on my Epic for a bit. What I was finding is that with "wide" 660mm bars the Extralite stem was flexing quite a lot under load, such as when climbing uphill. It was ok when I had 580mm handlebars but with the added leverage of the wider handlebar the stem was visibly moving. The ends of the handlebars would rock up and down in time.

I switched the stem out for a Ritchey WCS260 carbonmatrix stem. It's a few grams heavier (Extralite Ultrastem OC 100mm claimed weight 85g, Ritchey WCS260 carbonmatrix stem 100mm claimed weight 115g) but the Ritchey stem does come with steel bolts which could be replaced with titanium to lighten it more.

Ritchey Logic - Mountain - Stems - WCS Carbon Matrix C260

The stiffer stem gives a noticeably stiffer handlebar to lever against with your upper body when climbing. I'd say it maybe also helps a little with cornering also. For the small weight gain I felt it was a worthwhile improvement to have.

RIDE...
    Wr304,

Which handlebar are you using?
    Ritchey products are very good, will try one of those in my fatbike, I have not experimented such flex, maybe your riding is much more agressive than mine, or I did not perceived it. I have used it for about a year...

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hi marco,

perhaps you will find time to weight your front brake As i said. Without disc, adapters and adapter-bolts.

Happy christmas
    Marcus

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Wr304,

Which handlebar are you using?
    Ritchey products are very good, will try one of those in my fatbike, I have not experimented such flex, maybe your riding is much more agressive than mine, or I did not perceived it. I have used it for about a year...

Thanks

It's a Ritchey Superlogic 10D carbon flat bar (620mm width but with the Specialized ergonomic grips outboard for an actual bar width of 660mm).

2012 Epic 29er Picture Thread

The extra backsweep seems to help use your biceps more also. It's something that's difficult to quantify how much it adds but I quite like. I was meaning to try some alt bars too with even more backsweep but didn't get around to it.

My current wheels for the next six months or so have plenty of backsweep on the grips. Having a basket on the front is handy too for carrying food.. I'd much rather be putting more miles on the Epic instead though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztu7ps5iyazaxpe/basket.jpg

mtbr member
    Speaking of bars, I forgot to ask the OP something based on his setup...

The photos show bar ends. My understanding is that with a carbon bar you must use a metal insert at the end of each side, i.e. it fits into the end of both bars.

PanuV - is that the case here? Just curious - I doubt they'd weigh that much anyway.

mtbr member
    @phlegm: that's the Case, You need Bar plugs when using Carbon bars with Bar ends. Mine are Syntace CRB bar plugs, 14g/pair.

@S-Worker: thank You for your tips. I still prefer bars with Bar ends - kind a "old scholl XC guy" but, let' see because current Bar is widest one I have had... Before I have had Syntace 600mm. With seatback (25mm offset) seatpost I get the best position for me (some back problems), with every Bike I have 55,0 cm from the nose of the saddle to middle of stem.

@cityloopcycles: Have not got change to test my new bike, because of severe winter here In Finland... -10-15C... Or I'm not willing to drive full sus Bike In such cold. I do have cyclocross for winter training. But that's very interesting question what is the best gearing for XCO or XCM races? 34, 36? ...Of course depending on venue... That Carbon-Ti X-Monoring what @MarcoL is running is a very fascinating option - with 35 teeth!

@Chris Grechi: Thank You for invitation. There was great bikes on Your Brazilian site!
    Last edited by PanuV; 12-25-2012 at 03:49 AM.

RIDE...
    Yes! Will do!

RIDE...
    As promised.2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356470570.040570.jpg2013 S-Works Epic SRAM-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356470631.223664.jpg

RIDE...
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    It's a Ritchey Superlogic 10D carbon flat bar (620mm width but with the Specialized ergonomic grips outboard for an actual bar width of 660mm).

2012 Epic 29er Picture Thread

The extra backsweep seems to help use your biceps more also. It's something that's difficult to quantify how much it adds but I quite like. I was meaning to try some alt bars too with even more backsweep but didn't get around to it.

My current wheels for the next six months or so have plenty of backsweep on the grips. Having a basket on the front is handy too for carrying food.. I'd much rather be putting more miles on the Epic instead though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztu7ps5iyazaxpe/basket.jpg
    injured?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast