Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola View Post
    sharing is caring!!! Have you got a website or email so I can contact them?

Cheers!
    Portugal website...but you can contact them in english

bkstickers.com ·

Eric
    From France
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Awesome, message sent. Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Intenseman View Post
    Portugal website...but you can contact them in english

bkstickers.com ·

Eric
    From France

mtbr member
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6881.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6880.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6879.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6875.jpg

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6881.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	815860
    looks awesome, sweet colour coding.
    Will those tyres hold up - they must have sidewalls like cigarette paper!?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingboy View Post
    looks awesome, sweet colour coding.
    Will those tyres hold up - they must have sidewalls like cigarette paper!?
    Yes I change tyres for mountains : Butcher SX/Purgatory Grid

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Niiiiice one Intenseman, looks awesome. What is the feedback on the PIKE Solo? also compared to the previous BOS?

BTW, about to order the Decals, thanks for helping!

Name:	6881.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	815860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6880.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	815861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6879.jpg 
Views:	1395 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	815862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6875.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	815863

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hi.
    Can anyone give me a little help/advice.
    I'm covering a bit of old ground here but I'm coming off a large mojo hd and about 5'10-5'11.
    I've just bagged myself a medium s works enduro frame.
    The numbers seem that the med enduro is actually longer than the mojo with a longer reach too? Is this correct? I'm using a 35mm stem on the mojo.
    It should fit me well right?
    I tend to go for larger frames and probably would have gone for large but this is the deal which came up.
    Also what do i need to swap the chainset over? I have a xx1 156q gxp. If it was ht then i would use a Praxis works but i don't think they do a gxp yet?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    No I am sorry it is not for sale anymore, I decided to keep it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    No I am sorry it is not for sale anymore, I decided to keep it.
    Is that in reference to the eBay auction i won a few hours ago?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well if you won a bid on there, you got hosed, it is a scam. I have had some dude from Europ texting me too about it. I have no ebay account nor do I use them. Yes it is my bike in the picture but I did not put it up on there. They must have got the info from classifieds here when I was selling it months ago. The one on ebay was a whole bike (my bike) I called ebay and reported it.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo1 View Post
    Is that in reference to the eBay auction i won a few hours ago?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Well, this is slightly concerning.
    The auction was for a brand new, medium sworks enduro frame with command post. The listing is a private sale(not a shop) in Germany.
    I haven't sent payment yet, was going to do it in the morning.
    I hope this is legit and we have a mix up here.

Well if you won a bid on there, you got hosed, it is a scam. I have had some dude from Europ texting me too about it. I have no ebay account nor do I use them. Yes it is my bike in the picture but I did not put it up on there. They must have got the info from classifieds here when I was selling it months ago.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-20131020_113818.jpgAlmost there now. Just need cranks and it's ready to go.
    650b s works.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

it works

so you can fit a 27.5 wheel on the back. what size tire are u using and what kind

Name:	20131020_113818.jpg 
Views:	3972 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	840382Almost there now. Just need cranks and it's ready to go.
    650b s works.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Crossmax Charge Front - Crossmax Roam XL Rear
    Type: UST Tubeless Ready
    Front Tread Single Compound, Rear Tread Dual Compound
    Casing: 2x66TPI
    Dimension 26": 2.40 Front & 2.30 Rear
    Dimension 650b/27.5": 2.40 Front & 2.20 Rear

Threre is not a huge amount of clearance left over in the upper Bridge, maybe 10mm.
    I doubt a larger tire like the front or a 2.35 hd would fit.

The 170 deville was fine. I made sure that I let all air out of the fork and shock to ensure clearance on full compression.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    so it is not a 650 b fork. can u get pictures of rear clearances with tire.
    so you can fit a 27.5 wheel on the back. what size tire are u using and what kind

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It's not but clearly fine. For 2014 bos offer a 650b version with slightly more Crown clearance.

Will post clearance pics in the week. Just went to the shop to test fitment today. I'm considering light bicycle rims on hope instead but not quite sure yet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Crossmax Charge Front - Crossmax Roam XL Rear
    Type: UST Tubeless Ready
    Front Tread Single Compound, Rear Tread Dual Compound
    Casing: 2x66TPI
    Dimension 26": 2.40 Front & 2.30 Rear
    Dimension 650b/27.5": 2.40 Front & 2.20 Rear

Threre is not a huge amount of clearance left over in the upper Bridge, maybe 10mm.
    I doubt a larger tire like the front or a 2.35 hd would fit.

The 170 deville was fine. I made sure that I let all air out of the fork and shock to ensure clearance on full compression.
    Good to hear that 650b fits on the 2013. I read on the 650b forum that they don't fit a 2.2 on the 2010 s-works. How's the ride changed? Sounds like the perfect bike IMO

mtbr member
    I don't get it. Throwing 650b wheels on a 26" engineered bike makes it the perfect bike? I really think that for its intended use, the sworks enduro 26" is "the perfect" bike as designed and engineered to be.
    Have a nice ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NoShirt View Post
    I don't get it. Throwing 650b wheels on a 26" engineered bike makes it the perfect bike? I really think that for its intended use, the sworks enduro 26" is "the perfect" bike as designed and engineered to be.
    For those of us who want a 650b enduro it would be perfect. Rolls a bit faster, etc. Anyway that's the bike I want, you can disagree. Plenty of 26" bikes are convertible to 650b and many prefer them with that size, as you can see on the 650b forum.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    I dont think by definition it can be 'perfect' as the geometry is designed for 26" wheels and is therefore compromised by fitting the larger wheels - unless Specialized got the calculations off by 1.5"

mtbr member
    Shouldn't be an issue if he uses 650b front and back which he did.
    So headangle and all stays the same. BB height changes a bit.
    ...love is the absence of fear....

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    surely leverage rates into suspension changes "a bit" too though?

wretch

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread

Just sharing this beast!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingboy View Post
    surely leverage rates into suspension changes "a bit" too though?
    Not the leverage rates, because the length of the swingarm isn't changing here, frame stays the same. Maybe the force that goes into the suspension changes a bit as the wheels are different.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post

Just sharing this beast!
    Nice! Black beauty or the John Player Special Edition.
    ...love is the absence of fear....

wretch

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaysunrise View Post
    Nice! Black beauty or the John Player Special Edition.
    Ha! Francois had the same comment - they are also my initials...love this bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Updated mine with a Marzocchi 55:

Frame: Specialized Enduro S-Works 2013, size L
    Shock: CaneCreek Double Barrel Air
    Fork: Marzocchi 55 Micro Switch TA, 170mm
    Bar: Easton Havoc Carbon 35, 760mm
    Stem: Easton Havoc 35, 50mm
    Grips: ODI Oury
    Spacer: BBB ultralight
    Aheadcap: Tune Carbon
    Brakes: Avid X.0 Trail Worldcup
    Dics: Formula TO, 203mm
    Disc bolts: Hope Ti
    Shifter: Sram XX1
    Bottom bracket: Specialized PF30
    Crank: Sram XX1
    Chainring: Sram XX1, 32t
    Crankboots: RaceFace
    Pedals: twenty6 Predator ti
    Chain: Sram XX1
    Cassette: Sram XX1
    Derailleur: Sram XX1
    Wheels: Roval Traversé SL Carbon, 20mm/142mm
    Front tire: Specialized Butcher Control
    Rear tire: Specialized Purgatory
    Tubeless milk: Stan's
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR TT
    Seatpost: Syntace Highflex Carbon
    Seatpost clamp: Tune Würger
    Frameguard: Rockguardz

Weight: 12,3 kg

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Second hand but mint condition. Only one ride into it and she is just awesome. Trying to work out the perfect shock settings now (headache). Here she is with the big sister.....
    Hi there,

You said you got that s-works as second hand. I found one that is in really great condition according to photos. Owner has 2014 s-works and selling the one like yours. What should I be on on the lookout for when I go to inspect it? My main concern is the carbon frame. My one and only worry is that it is hard to know or find out whether the carbon frame has a crack. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by igz View Post
    Hi there,

You said you got that s-works as second hand. I found one that is in really great condition according to photos. Owner has 2014 s-works and selling the one like yours. What should I be on on the lookout for when I go to inspect it? My main concern is the carbon frame. My one and only worry is that it is hard to know or find out whether the carbon frame has a crack. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you
    Hi Mate, I took a small torch with me and looked at the frame carefully. I took my time and asked questions about the bike was ridden, etc. I also checked rims carefully as they are also carbon (if your bike is stock).

The fella I bought the bike from had several other bikes and I could tell the S-Works was ridden but not as much as the others due to the rider's preference. So I guess I was also lucky in that aspect.

At the end of the day is a hit & miss really as any structural damage on the inside would be impossible to see. Is the guy you are buying from happy to help you with Warranty shall an issue take place? That also helps.

This frame is burly & super strong, and I tell you, the bike likes to be ridden hard. Frame is very stiff too so, if you are getting a good deal and the frame looks good, go for it.

Good luck!

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Mate, thank you very much for that.

Well, if I bought the bike, I wouldn't be able to get warranty replacement obviously and i'm not sure if he could do it for me if for example frame proves to be cracked because he replaced the original frame under warranty already.
    I'm honestly considering Enduro EVO brand new. They're now $2,500. I know it's heavier but in time I'd make it lighter and it is much cheaper. However, I'm willing to offer this guy (if everything seems good with bike) $3,500 and he is asking for 4,500 (negotiable) so I'm not sure what to do.

Do you think there should be some sort of visible external damage that caused possible internal damage?

Do you think Spesh shop could inspect the frame better?

What would be a deal breaker for you here?

My sincere apologies for all the questions. I really am not sure what to do but I feel that if I see even the smallest damage to this frame, I'd have to walk away.

Again, any advice greatly appreciated.
    Cheers mate

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    And Enduro EVO won't do if you are looking to pedal the thing up-hill.

I did pedally tracks on my 2010 Sx Trail (160mm) back when I had it and the thing was a pig. Got me fit but when I changed into the Endo S-Works WOW! The bike capability on descend was as good as the SX Trail taking into account how stiff the carbon is but when pedalling uphill, what a dream. The new plantform does pedal well.

In relation to the warranty, the current owner, if the original owner, could help out and pretend the bike is still his if an issue is to take place.

For visible damage, I would be looking at hairline cracks mostly. You might see some chips on the paint but I wouldn't care to much about those if only small. As mentioned, the frame is thick (11m) + also has a good coat of paint on top.

Also check headset / BB / anywhere where carbon make contact with screws / Cables. And ask if current owner has used torque wrench as specified.

About price.... depends on how new the bike is. It's still fairly new I assume if is into a 2014. Did he go 29er?

Quote Originally Posted by igz View Post
    Mate, thank you very much for that.

Well, if I bought the bike, I wouldn't be able to get warranty replacement obviously and i'm not sure if he could do it for me if for example frame proves to be cracked because he replaced the original frame under warranty already.
    I'm honestly considering Enduro EVO brand new. They're now $2,500. I know it's heavier but in time I'd make it lighter and it is much cheaper. However, I'm willing to offer this guy (if everything seems good with bike) $3,500 and he is asking for 4,500 (negotiable) so I'm not sure what to do.

Do you think there should be some sort of visible external damage that caused possible internal damage?

Do you think Spesh shop could inspect the frame better?

What would be a deal breaker for you here?

My sincere apologies for all the questions. I really am not sure what to do but I feel that if I see even the smallest damage to this frame, I'd have to walk away.

Again, any advice greatly appreciated.
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by iguanabartola; 05-28-2014 at 11:45 PM.

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    And Enduro EVO won't do if you are looking to pedal the thing up-hill.

I did pedally tracks on my 2010 Sx Trail (160mm) back when I had it and the thing was a pig. Got me fit but when I changed into the Endo S-Works WOW! The bike capability on descend was as good as the SX Trail taking into account how stiff the carbon is but when pedalling uphill, what a dream. The new plantform does pedal well.

In relation to the warranty, the current owner, if the original owner, could help out and pretend the bike is still his if an issue is to take place.

For visible damage, I would be looking at hairline cracks mostly. You might see some chips on the paint but I wouldn't care to much about those if only small. As mentioned, the frame is thick (11m) + also has a good coat of paint on top.

Also check headset / BB / anywhere where carbon make contact with screws / Cables. And ask if current owner has used torque wrench as specified.

About price.... depends on how new the bike is. It's still fairly new I assume if is into a 2014. Did he go 29er?
    Thank you for the advice.
    The guy says he signed up with Spesh to race and got 2014 S-WORKS 26 so now he is selling 2013. I'll ask him about pretending for warranty bit, but if he says no for some reason, and I'm not sure about the frame, do you reckon I should leave it?

I pedalled EVO1 and and it's a better pedaler than I expected, but S-WORKS would be much better of course. I'll see.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I still go for it if is in good condition. This is trully and amazing bike.

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    thanks mate. just out of curiosity, how do you know that carbon frame is 11mm thick. I always thought it is thinner.

PS I'm selling my awesome hard tail if you know anyone:

Santa Cruz Chameleon mountain bike (large) CRAZY CHEAP!!! | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Melbourne City - Melbourne CBD | 1044124473

cheers and thanx

mtbr member
    Anyone here could point me the guide to fill the Reverb Stealth internally, on a 2013 comp Enduro frame?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    I received the bike with a clear protection on all the big S-Works logo on the bottom of the "downtube"

I will receive my custom carbone protection in 2 weeks...like this

...but fort the 2013 Enduro S-Works frame

Eric - Tentense
    I know it is quite an old post I am resurecting but do they still sell it? How much is it for?

mtbr member
    Where can I get me one of these please? I'm talking about the above custom Enduro frame guard!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678