Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 385
  1. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,451
    Nice build Jim! I also wanted to thank you for the deal on the stock wheelset. They fit my build real nice!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  2. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    452
    You are welcome! I've been buying bikes from Dave and Center Cycle for over 10 years. He always has the good bikes and the service is top notch. Glad that worked out for everybody.
    Last edited by JimEG; 02-19-2013 at 08:58 AM.

  3. #178
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    145
    Anyone else notice that their rear triangle has started to develop some play?

  4. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    Anyone else notice that their rear triangle has started to develop some play?
    Which pivot(s)?

  5. #180
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    145
    Due to the nature of the Specialized warranty and the fact that I've logged only a few rides on my new frame, I took it to my shop for inspection. Their mechanic informed me that the upper shock bushing is worn out and qualifies as a warranty repair. Hopefully the replacement bushing fixes the problem. Let me know if any of you experience the same problem.

  6. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    Due to the nature of the Specialized warranty and the fact that I've logged only a few rides on my new frame, I took it to my shop for inspection. Their mechanic informed me that the upper shock bushing is worn out and qualifies as a warranty repair. Hopefully the replacement bushing fixes the problem. Let me know if any of you experience the same problem.
    Thanks for following up. That kind of wear is actually common to all suspension bikes and a minor repair. Cool to hear Specialized took care of it.

  7. #182
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    145
    I kinda agree. I guess i was trying tomsay that it is not common for bushings to wear out in 6 rides. Had I been riding my bike regularly for 3 months then it would be expected wear. At least that was the experience I had with my old nomad. Keep an eye on your rig and let us know if you experience the same problem.

  8. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    I kinda agree. I guess i was trying tomsay that it is not common for bushings to wear out in 6 rides. Had I been riding my bike regularly for 3 months then it would be expected wear. At least that was the experience I had with my old nomad. Keep an eye on your rig and let us know if you experience the same problem.
    I missed the 6 ride part. That is premature.

    I have actually changed mine to a different 2mm off set bushing to slacken the bike and lower it a little.

    I'll keep an eye on it and follow up if it wears prematurely(not that Specialized would be responsible for this aftermarket one).

  9. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NoShirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    174
    Contrast

    carbon hoops

    standover

    Garage Days

    1x10 setup

    top tube
    Last edited by NoShirt; 02-21-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Have a nice ride!

  10. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Can you run a stealth reverb on the sworks does anyone know?

  11. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip Fontane View Post
    Can you run a stealth reverb on the sworks does anyone know?
    Good question. I dont think it is possible without drilling the frame though. Would like to here if anyone else knows.

    Has anyone else tried a standard Reverb and then tried the internal routing where the Command Post cable went? I couldn't get the Reverb hose through the exit hole at the top. Too tight. Considering drilling it out a little bit. Had to tape the hose to the top tube. Not so clean of an install. Going to call Specialized first. Not a fan of the Command Post.

    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4554.jpg

  12. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    396
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_6569.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_6571.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_6572.jpg


    Not possible to use Reverb Stealth without drilling the frame (like Curtis Keene S-Works)


    Possible to use Reverb classic (juste file the hose hole 4mm to 5mm)

    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/97/6277.jpg


    Eric
    Last edited by Intenseman; 02-24-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

  13. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    176
    im sure this is in some thread, does anyone have a "real" frame weight of the 2013 enduro carbon ?...thanks

  14. #189
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEG View Post
    Good question. I dont think it is possible without drilling the frame though. Would like to here if anyone else knows.

    Has anyone else tried a standard Reverb and then tried the internal routing where the Command Post cable went? I couldn't get the Reverb hose through the exit hole at the top. Too tight. Considering drilling it out a little bit. Had to tape the hose to the top tube. Not so clean of an install. Going to call Specialized first. Not a fan of the Command Post.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4554.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	774732
    Yeah, Unless you want to void your warranty, the stealth isn't an option. However Jagwire makes a hydro cable of a smaller diameter so if you switch that out for the regular reverb cable it fits perfectly. That's what I had to do. I'm also debating getting a LEV later on to have 6" of dropper, and a stationary cable.

  15. #190
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by burpp View Post
    im sure this is in some thread, does anyone have a "real" frame weight of the 2013 enduro carbon ?...thanks
    The s-works weighs 6.46 lb, size large with axle, shock, and chainstay protector. Don't know how much the non-S-works model weighs...

  16. #191
    Executive User - UK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterR View Post
    I saw Keene's bike with a stealth reverb, it looked like the routing was down the down tube, under the bb then into the frame somehow...anyone know how?
    the one I saw looked like he ran the hose through the top tube and out the normal dropper post entry/exit point near the headtube.

    Liking them '13 Enduro's BTW :-)

  17. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEG View Post
    You can get them on eBay. Not a stock part. I got lucky. I had one left over from my HD and it was a perfect fit.
    Titanium offset bushings-
    Burgtec Titanium Offset Shock Hardware | Burgtec

  18. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    Hi,

    I'd like to ask you happy Enduro owners a question, I need your help :-)

    I want to buy an Sworks frame and I have a short torso and long legs.
    I'd need 27,5cm of seat post (measured from top of the seat tube at frame to the saddle rails) showing on a large frame. Is that possible with a Command Post or would I need a 420mm Reverb or something alike.

    If I explained that not good enough, maybe you could tell me, what the minimum insertion for the seat post on a large carbon Enduro frame is (cm, mm or inch is fine)

    I could then determine if I could get away with a large frame with my inseam of 36.6".

    I appreciate any help.

    Thanks a lot,
    Znarf

  19. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    Hi,

    I'd like to ask you happy Enduro owners a question, I need your help :-)

    I want to buy an Sworks frame and I have a short torso and long legs.
    I'd need 27,5cm of seat post (measured from top of the seat tube at frame to the saddle rails) showing on a large frame. Is that possible with a Command Post or would I need a 420mm Reverb or something alike.

    If I explained that not good enough, maybe you could tell me, what the minimum insertion for the seat post on a large carbon Enduro frame is (cm, mm or inch is fine)

    I could then determine if I could get away with a large frame with my inseam of 36.6".

    I appreciate any help.

    Thanks a lot,
    Znarf
    Whats ur height? Specialized quit making the XL frame for the enduro and even dropped the XL for the 26er stumpy.

  20. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19
    IntenseMan.....how were you able to get the S-Works decal to replace the letters the LeoSeven protector covered? Did you get it from them like that or do it yourself?

  21. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    Hi Stumpynerd,

    I am "only" 6ft,but my legs are really long. My torso is short, my arms are long again though. Like an Orang Utan.

    I currently ride a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR 29er in size XL.
    The 530mm or 21" seat tube is quite good for me, with a 125mm Reverb post about 1inch of post is showing under the Reverbs seat collar.

    The top tube is a little long for me though, I use a 30mm stem.
    For a more aggressive bike I'd like a smaller fit though.

    The Large Enduro and its 617mm TT looks perfect. Just the seat tube is a little on the short side for my physique.

    I guess I'll get away with a 425mm post though. Just don't want to damage the precious carbon frame...

    Greetings Znarf

  22. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    37
    Intenseman

    I ordered the same guard from Leoseven but it came with no instruction. Would you be kind enough to share how to fit one on the frame? And the sticker you got.

  23. #198
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    145
    Intenseman-

    Can you post a few pics with the new cf protector installed?
    Last edited by tkrowe; 02-27-2013 at 03:14 PM.

  24. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    86
    How many Spacer did you guys need to install the XX1 Crankset into the PF30 BB?
    I have three manuals and all say different things...

    And btw my frame came stock with a decent play in the front shock mount...
    Anybody else?
    Last edited by cubebiker; 02-28-2013 at 11:25 PM.

  25. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by TANK01 View Post
    Intenseman

    I ordered the same guard from Leoseven but it came with no instruction. Would you be kind enough to share how to fit one on the frame? And the sticker you got.
    Just one screw

    Custom decals


    * Original frame decals :
    - Height : 5,7cm
    - Width : 65,5 cm


    * Custom decals : (Deformed version of the original "Specialized" logo..for the carbon protection)

    - Height : 7,2cm
    - Width : 65,5cm

    Original "Specialized" vectorized logos available here :

    S-Works Logo Vector Download Free (Brand Logos) (AI, EPS, CDR, PDF, GIF, SVG) | seeklogo.com

    Tag: Specialized - Logo Vector Download Free (Brand Logos) (AI, EPS, CDR, PDF, GIF, SVG) | seeklogo.com


    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6572.jpg



    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    Intenseman-

    Can you post a few pics with the new cf protector installed?
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6574.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6576.jpg


    Eric
    France
    Last edited by Intenseman; 03-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •