Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Yeap, there must be a problem with the frame or something. My expert carbon was loose from the get go and they replaced the bushing and it started to do it again. Even when they replaced the bushing there was still play in the front end of the shock but it also gets more play the longer you ride it.
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It appears as though the bushing is not being trapped by the frame when the bolt is tightened. I have it fairly snug, but I'm afraid to over tighten it.

tsefreeflow, What was the end result?

mtbr member
    This is scaring me away from this frame

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    My wife has the Enduro Expert Carbon and doesn't have any issue....so of a sample size of 2, it is only happening in 50% of the frames....lol

I'm sure the problem will get sorted out. Could be a pretty simple fix.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Took the shock out of the frame and mounted just the reducer in the frame and it wouldn't snug up. Tonight I'll try the wife's bikes reducer and see if it works. Although hers has the fox and mine the CCDB.

mtbr member
    Give me a week or so and I will let you know what all happened with mine.
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Took the bike to my local suspension guy who also happens to deal with Cane Creek stuff. He installed new mounting hardware and problem seems to be gone.....hopefully for good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sweet bike. What travel is ur fork set at? I it light and how does it perform to a fox 34 or even a lyrics 170mm. Is it for more down hill or is it easily findable every were to include the ups. Last question does it make ur front end a little higher than say the 160 talas. Thank man I am interested in that fork or the lyrik RC2DH.

mtbr member
    That really is a sweet bike!

Man, long travel bikes just look so good.
    Probably the kid in me who always wanted to possess a dirt moto?..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm not a strong climber and I enjoy descending the most, so I wasn't worried about the extra A-C height and really liked the idea of a coil fork with low maintenance. The fork is not broken in yet but it still feels pretty good. Haven't ridden the other forks you mentioned but the 55 does feel better than my old 2010 36 Talas. The bike is only slightly higher than the stock expert enduro with the 34.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by samdemo View Post
    That is a sick bike man!! I wish I could have found a blue frame!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Finally got mine!!

Second hand but mint condition. Only one ride into it and she is just awesome. Trying to work out the perfect shock settings now (headache). Here she is with the big sister.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-photo-8-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Finally got around to taking some pics of mine. 28lb 8 oz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-015.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-016.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-011.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-018.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-017.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-012.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-013.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-014.jpg  

mtbr member
    @lipman:
    Wonderful build. I especially like the clean cable setup with the cockpit pipe.
    Is that a travel adjustable Lyrik?

Pretty much my dream build, might need 2x around here though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks! No it's the solo air 170mm. Have not felt the need to have a travel adjust fork on this bike so far. It's really just kind of a place holder till the new PIKE is avaliable though. The 28t chainring has actually been pretty good on the climbs and I have rarely spun it out.

mtbr member

It started with an "Evil" thought...

I have been riding a Knolly Delirium for the past 2 years and a Knolly DT for the 3 prior. It is a phenomenal bike! I absolutely love the fact that I can keep up with my buddies on their sub 30lb. trail bikes and then say good bye on the DH.

However, it has become apparent to my buddy (also rides a Delirium) and I that our bikes are just too much for the stuff we ride 95% of the time. We ride in Santa Cruz, home of the redwood buffed, loamy, soft, mulchy, smooth trails with the occasional jump here and there. I'm not saying that there isn't big stuff to be had, just don't think I need the FR/DH capable bike that the Delirium is. We both have a Knolly Podium and there is a lot of crossover between the 2.

Our Deliriums weigh in around 34lbs. and really pedal like less than that, a true testament to Noel Buckley's passion with his brand.

In comes the Evil Uprising. This bike piqued our interest due to the geometry and the fact that it can be adjusted and ridden with a 160mm up front while having 150mm in the rear. Really was interested in this bike and my buddy is still in wait for his.

During the wait for the Evil, the question of the S-Works Enduro came up and wallah, once I saw the numbers (my buddy is a scientist and really works the numbers -anti squat, brake squat, leverage ratios, etc) I was sold. I have a DB Air on my bike and I love it, so this was a bonus. Problem was finding one......arrrgh!

Well, I found one and here it is. Super stoked to have a buddy who owns a shop and understands the customer's needs and is willing to work with them - Andrew @ Cyclesport in Scotts Valley, CA. I figure I'm losing 5 pounds, gaining a gear and I'm losing 2.5 mm of rear travel - up to 20 mm up front. I will miss the comfort that the Delirium provides, but I'm hoping this will be close. Haven't ridden it yet, built it last night with a more sturdy build than most but still weighs in at a respectable 29.5 lbs.

The Build:

(L) 2013 S-Works Enduro
    Cane Creek Double Barrel Air
    2012 Fox Float 36 - 160mm
    XX1 Drive Train - HUGE BONUS!
    - XX1 Shifter
    - XX1 RD
    - XX1 Cranks/34t ring
    - XX1 Chain
    - XX1 11/34 11 Speed Cassette
    M988 XTR Trail Brakes - 203/F - 185/R
    Industry 9 AM Wheelset - XX1 adapter
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.4 F/R
    Chromag Fubar OSX - Chrome 30"
    Point 1 Split 2nd 50mm Stem
    KS Lev - 125 SO SWEEEEET!
    Chromag Moon Saddle
    Point 1 Podium Pedals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-sworks-1.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-sworks-2.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-sworks-3.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-sworks-4.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-sworks-5.jpg  

"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    NIIIIIICE!

Love the Chromag bar and stem(?).

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    My 2013 S-Works Enduro:

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-s-works-enduro-2013-web-.jpg

A bit more of a gravity setup but suits me perfectly.

Build:
    S-Works Enduro frameset (medium)
    Fox 36 Float 160mm forks
    Chris King ISO hubs w. ZTR Flow EX rims
    Specialized Butcher Control tyres (tubeless)
    Shimano Saint cranks and rear derailleur, XT cassette, XTR chain/shifter
    E-13 chainguide and guidering
    Enve DH handlebars, Thomson X4 stem (50mm)
    Shimano XTR Trail brakes (203mm front, 180mm rear)
    DMR Vault pedals
    Invisiframe protector kit

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    has anyone got any images of the clevis end of the shock - Im interested in knowing what shock options are available for the '13 Enduro. I'm assuming the stumpy can and does use the same clevis mounts? Anyone got a breakdown of coil / air shock options to save me repeating the research.....

mtbr member

Finally got my Sworks built up

It's been a while in the making but my bike is finally ready, thankfully sooner rather than later. I wasn't supposed to be able to get a free hub body for XX1 to fit on my Easton hubs until July but Santa came early!

And thanks goes out to Mr. Lynch for setting me up with the frame!

Build:
    Med Frame w/ CCDB-Air shock
    Fox 34 TALAS, Black
    Shimano XTR Trail M988 Disc brakes
    XT180mm discs
    XX1 drivetrain
    Cane Creek headset
    Handlebar: RaceFace SixC Carbon, 785mm
    Stem: Easton Haven, 70mm
    Saddle: WTB Pure V
    Rims: Easton Haven Carbon
    Tires: Schwable Hans Dampf Trailstar-FR, Pacestar-Rear

Still dialing it in but hope to go out for it's maiden voyage this weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-photo-1.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-photo-2.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-photo-3.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-photo-4.jpg  

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-photo-5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sweet build! Glad to see you got it built up. Now get some dirt on it!
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Nice, very nice. Is that fork the 160mm TA or the 170RC3? Any updated feedback on the climbing side of things since you have had more riding time on that monster?

Sick of the poor performance on the 34 Talas so wanna go Zockes!

Quote Originally Posted by samdemo View Post

mtbr member
    Project Done!!!

S-Works Enduro frameset (Medium)
    Fox 34 Talas 160mm forks
    Sram XX1 Drivetrain
    Hope Pro2 Evo hubs w. Spank rims Change with Enve AM rims
    Shimano Saint Brakeset

Triple X

greeting from Indonesia

mtbr member
    Question for ya....

I am having a clicking noise when I compress the suspension. I am reading this and, if I am correct, this might have to do with the RD tension? I thought it was the pedals or the seat or seatpost, but tried them all differently and it still happens. It is a clicking noise that appears to come from the linkage. I oiled the linkage and greased the shock bolt. I will call the LBS today and ask and try the lock-out of the RD method. It really only bothers me when I'm riding around the neighborhood.

p.s. When I first had the bike I had too little slack under the frame and it was really clicking when I compressed, but I lengthened the loop under the BB and that went away. This is new and I've ridden it about 8 times.

Thanks for your help.

Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by NoShirt View Post
    or it might be the clutch style deraileur. Roll the cage forward so there is no tension on the chain and cycle the suspension. I had the same thing going on and it made me nuts thinking it was the bike, but it was just a slight clunk in the movement of the rear der.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

Ride Hard. Go Fast.
    I had the clicking noise also from just pedaling, it sounded like it was coming from the non-drive side. Not sure what it was, I had to put a new brake line on so also lengthen my deraileur housing and took the crankset off and regreased everything. Thankfully, noise is gone. I'm hoping Spesh come up with a better cable routing system... The loop under the BB hasn't been a problem but certainly it's a eye-sore.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    Question for ya....

I am having a clicking noise when I compress the suspension. I am reading this and, if I am correct, this might have to do with the RD tension? I thought it was the pedals or the seat or seatpost, but tried them all differently and it still happens. It is a clicking noise that appears to come from the linkage. I oiled the linkage and greased the shock bolt. I will call the LBS today and ask and try the lock-out of the RD method. It really only bothers me when I'm riding around the neighborhood.

p.s. When I first had the bike I had too little slack under the frame and it was really clicking when I compressed, but I lengthened the loop under the BB and that went away. This is new and I've ridden it about 8 times.

Thanks for your help.

Dominic
    I had that same issue on my stumpy. It was a loose upper shock bolt. Make sure you torque it to spec.

mtbr member
    The easiest way to check is to open open the RD and cage lock it and see if the noise goes away. If it does, its the clutch popping. If it does, its a loose bolt.

mtbr member
    It's the clutch! Not sure if this is good or bad?

mtbr member
    Easy fix! I had to adjust my xx1 RD and my x9 type 2. You will need a t55 bit to do it.

Where the clutch is located there is a small smooth round black cover. Use the edge of a razorblade and pop the cover off. Under the cover is a t55 bolt. Remove that bolt. Underneath is 4mm bolt. put a wrench on that, and on the 3mm bolt on the backside and loosen/tighten the clutch. Dont undo the bolt since it is a pain to retension the spring in there.

I found if you pull up on the lower part of the chain you can get a good feel for the clutch tension. Adjust it to the point that there is resistance but it doesnt "pop". backing off the tension will cure the noise and your suspension will feel smoother too!

mtbr member
    Now that's helpful. Thanks a million!

mtbr member
    Here is a thread with pix.
    XX1 knocking/clunking

Pretty much ignore the stuff about removing the clutch and greasing it. It doesnt last long. Adjusting the tension is what will fix the issue. The clutch sometimes will tighten up from use, so if it happens you just adjust it again. After you do one you can do it in less than 2 minutes.

ids
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-p4pb9765021.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-p4pb9764435.jpg

Got my pike in a couple weeks ago. Great fork, pretty happy with it thus far. Just had to share the updates.
    cheers guys.
    Last edited by ids; 07-05-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: messed up picture upload

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

S Works

Here she is with her NEW PIKE. 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_0003.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_0001.jpg I have a ROCK SHOX LYRIK RC2DH SOLO AIR on the way for her aggressive days at parks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Is this the dual air one? Man, looks nice, I am waiting for my one, still haven't arrived in Australia but should have by end of the month hopefully. Was going to go for the black look but went for the white and after seeing yours, nice!! Very happy with my decision.

now what really matters, how does it ride?? The PIKE I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    Here she is with her NEW PIKE. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg 
Views:	3236 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	813684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	1800 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	813685 I have a ROCK SHOX LYRIK RC2DH SOLO AIR on the way for her aggressive days at parks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ya it is the dual air position. I just got it put on so hasn't taken her out on the trails as of yet. BUT around the driveway and on e curbs wow it is so s
    PLUSH. It is a night and day difference from the 34 160 talas. Like I said I have a 170 Lyrik RC2DH for the bike parks on the way so I will us the bike for every type of riding until net season when I add a 29er to my stable

mtbr member
    Mine when I will receive my 160mm Solo Air Pike (2 Weeks )..photoshop used for the fork (I have already the custom decals )

Eric

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-tentense-enduro-pike2.jpg

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-pike-tentense-decals.jpg
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

mtbr member
    Others ideas for Pikes custom decals (On 2013 S-Works Enduro)

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-pikess.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Where are you sourcing the decals from? Me wants! Like No 5

Quote Originally Posted by Intenseman View Post
    Others ideas for Pikes custom decals (On 2013 S-Works Enduro)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pikess.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	813865

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The only thing that seems strange is it seems to sit lower in the front now with this fork compared to the fox 34. It is defiantly raked out more though. I guess the a/c length is shorter than the fox 34.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Post pic of the bike sideways with fork straight FWD

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    So I've been looking into doing my own build of this S-Works carbon enduro frame, but was also taking a peek at the Enduro Expert carbon frame. They look precisely the same expect for the rear shock and the color scheme? Does anyone know off-hand if this is the only difference?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yep, that is the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    So I've been looking into doing my own build of this S-Works carbon enduro frame, but was also taking a peek at the Enduro Expert carbon frame. They look precisely the same expect for the rear shock and the color scheme? Does anyone know off-hand if this is the only difference?

mtbr member
    The Pike looks like a rad fork. Maybe Rock Shox will lead the suspension branche for the next couple of years.
    Like they did with the original Pike xD

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Selling my S WORKS Enduro

What do you think I should ask for this? I have it listed for $6900..

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_0001.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_0003.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    What do you think I should ask for this? I have it listed for $6900..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	814538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	814539
    Willing to part out just the frame and rear shock? That's all I need. PM me ASAP!

EDIT: sorry, sorry. I spoke way too soon. Medium frame is far too small for me. I'm almost a borderline XL. GLWS!

Go faster!
    Aappling72

Are you selling your ride already? That was quick.

mtbr member
    Decals available in a small internet shop...in europe

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    sharing is caring!!! Have you got a website or email so I can contact them?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Intenseman View Post
    Decals available in a small internet shop...in europe

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    What's the official status with reverb NON stealth with the internal routing?

I've seen some information about this floating around but haven't heard anything definitive.

Just got my 2013 in blue as a warranty replacement and can't figure out a decent way to route my old reverb. Suggestions?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast