Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Is anyone having problems with the dropper post cable rubbing on the DB Air Can? Mine is routed as short as possible, but it still rubs when the seat is lowered. I've covered it with a frame protector, but would like to avoid it in the future.

Ride Hard. Go Fast.
    yah, nothing you can do about that other than what you're doing. If KS LEV ever comes out with a setback remote post, I'd be the first to purchase it. That's the only reason why I hang onto the command post, the cable design is horrible.

mtbr member
    Whate did you guys end up paying for your 2013 s works frames? Please PM me if you dont want others knowing. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Retail is $3500, and I don't regret a single penny spent.

mtbr member
    Have any of you been on an sb66c? If so how would you compare the two?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Hi AaronJobe,

I tested an SB66c for a weekend before I eventually chose the S-Works Enduro. One way I would sum up the differences between the two is that I would view the SB as being an XC'ers long travel bike, and the Enduro as being a DH'ers short travel bike. But in all honesty, this comment is more aimed at the SB arguably not being as gravity capable, because I find the Enduro to climb as good as the SB I tested (though different climbing characteristics).

Please note that I am still in 'shakedown' for my Enduro, and working out my ideal suspension settings. I would say that pedaling is good on both frames, however; the SB I felt was firmer (almost hard-tail like) while climbing, though tended to get hooked-up on roots/rocks. The Enduro still climbs very well, doesn't get hooked up the same, and affords a bit more traction.

The Enduro is my pick for DH ability. Plusher/more progressive, with much more tunability with the CCDB Air. I preferred the geo. for DH more on the Enduro too. I had issues blowing through all travel with the SB on small jumps/drops, with correct sag set, though I understand that a custom Fox tune on the CTD can help.

Biggest reason I went with the Enduro over the SB is the geometry. The top tube length on the SB is extremely long. I tested a Medium SB which had the same length as most manufacturers similar Large frames. I felt the Medium SB was far too long for me (I'm around 5'9" tall), and I suffered on descents accordingly. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of riding a Small SB, though didn't get a chance to test one. For me, the geometry of the Enduro is much more conventional (though the front end was lower than what I was used to previously, I soon adapted and now love it), and feels really dialled for me.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them.

Cheers,

G.

mtbr member
    Other frame protection : Rockguardz

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7711/0001qok.jpg
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

mtbr member
    May 2010
    @aappling72 -- what size Mojo HD were you riding? I'm looking at picking up a S-Works Enduro and while the geometry numbers on the Specialized site look similar between the large frame Mojo HD and the large frame Enduro, I'd like an opinion from someone who has ridden both. The LBS in the area does not have an Enduro for me to check out and they have suggested a medium (I'm 5'10"). My current large Mojo HD has a 50mm stem and is perfect.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Intenseman

Which pedal cage do you run with your S-Tarack, al or plastic? How do you like it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    Does any one know what is is when I compress my rear suspension there seem to be a sticking point and then compresses more? I guess maybe like a bump or a friction point. It does not stop the compression but I defiantly feel something. I have never even ridden the bike yet. Does the shock just need to break in? Any advise would be great. Thanks
    I had the same noise coming from my 2013 S-Works Enduro, I deflated the DB Air and compressed the suspension to find the source of the clicking, it was the XX1 Derailleur. I called SRAM and they confirmed that it was an issue they have come across and it is caused by the chain being cut too short at install which results in too much tension on the Derailleur.

To measure the correct length, I was told to run the chain outside of the Derailleur over the largest rear chainring, mark that link then add one more link and cut the chain there. Problem solved? I don't know yet...I will post my comments after I have tried this!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ids View Post
    as an FYI, it's doable. I've seen pics of a guy with a reverb stealth on his 2013, he has no issues with it thus far. He was able to route it out the bottom of the TT/ST junction then just the regular internal routing from there. I'll try to link pics in another post. Thought you all would want to know.
    I would love to see how this was done, can you post pics and get details on how he fed the cable through?

mtbr member
    5'10.5 with a 31.5" inseam what size frame? Longer arms and torso

mtbr member
    Cyan Frame ORDERED!!!!!! STOKED

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cyan frame Bought!!!!equally stoked.
    Just need to pick it up...

Question, what headset is supplied with the frame?
    I will likely go with a 1-1/8 steer tube(non-taper) and need to know what lower race to buy to get it to work. Cheers.

mtbr member
    So I got a call back and the Cyan is sold out I guess I will wait and see colors for 2014

mtbr member
    If anybody knows a shop that has a 2013 Cyan Medium Enduro Please let me know

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TANK01 View Post
    Intenseman

Which pedal cage do you run with your S-Tarack, al or plastic? How do you like it?

Plastic

Fine...only 3 rides

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by samdemo View Post
    Question, what headset is supplied with the frame?
    I will likely go with a 1-1/8 steer tube(non-taper) and need to know what lower race to buy to get it to work. Cheers.
    Wow, no one knows what headset comes with their frame?

Best I can figure its an FSA, but a conformation would be nice. I've yet to receive my frame and I'd like to order a 1.5 to 1-1/8 headset reducer before it arrives.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronFPeet View Post
    Is anyone having problems with the dropper post cable rubbing on the DB Air Can? Mine is routed as short as possible, but it still rubs when the seat is lowered. I've covered it with a frame protector, but would like to avoid it in the future.
    my wife bought the Enduro carbon expert and it looks like the cable rubs on the Fox shock too when the seat is in the low position. I was thinking I would just install one of these made by Jagwire to prevent the cable from dropping down. The wife and I are both gonna get KS Lev posts, so now it wont be an issue

I figured I'd try mounting one of these on the frame just above the shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    So I got a call back and the Cyan is sold out I guess I will wait and see colors for 2014
    Are all the 2013 Sworks frames sold out already? Red still available?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnduroBob View Post
    Are all the 2013 Sworks frames sold out already? Red still available?
    There is a red medium available on their dealer trade site in denver but all frames are gone no more batches until the 2014

mtbr member
    There is a red medium available on their dealer trade site in denver but all frames are gone no more batches until the 2014
    So does that mean it needs to be ordered from a LBS in CO? Slim pickings! Looking for a medium though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by samdemo View Post
    Wow, no one knows what headset comes with their frame?

Best I can figure its an FSA, but a conformation would be nice. I've yet to receive my frame and I'd like to order a 1.5 to 1-1/8 headset reducer before it arrives.
    The frame comes with FSA headset so there is no need to order another headset.

mtbr member
    No, they will ship it to your dealer

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread

I have been stoked on my s works enduro except for the fork...I have a 2011 fox 36 rlc kashima on it that i bought(nos), and coming from a lyrik on my last bike it sucks. Lots of brake dive, poor mid support, and will not come within an inch of full travel on any hit. I like the looks of the new pike but the 15mm axle concerns me as I am about 205 geared. So...are my concerns warranted? Is 15 mm going to make a difference? I am also considering getting my fox pushed but I think I may be throwing money at a turd. Opinions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TANK01 View Post
    The frame comes with FSA headset so there is no need to order another headset.
    Thanks.

I'm not looking to buy a new headset, just thinking of running a straight steer tube not a taper. To do so, I would need to buy a different crown race.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hi Fellas, I finally found the cash to buy this thing and the bloody bike is sold out everywhere in Australia!!! Is it the same in USA, Europe, etc?? That is crazy!!!!!

So desperate to get it and can't even it find it as a frame set.

Is Specialized doing this on purpose or what?

Knob scrubber
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola View Post
    Hi Fellas, I finally found the cash to buy this thing and the bloody bike is sold out everywhere in Australia!!! Is it the same in USA, Europe, etc?? That is crazy!!!!!

So desperate to get it and can't even it find it as a frame set.

Is Specialized doing this on purpose or what?
    I found 5 stores advertising them here, Specialized Mountain - Dual Suspension Bikes for Sale in Australia
    Don't know if that means they actually have them, but worth a try?
    Real men do it in the dirt

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    5'10.5 with a 31.5" inseam what size frame? Longer arms and torso
    I am about 1 in taller and 1/2 in longer inseam and large with a 50mm stem fits perfect.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have already contacted all those waaaaay back. The bikes are sold out. The just haven't removed the adds. I went through the trouble of contacting every single Spesh dealer here. Nothing. NIL. NADA.

Just got a call from LBS offering me the 29er but don't want to buy before I try. I know the rave is huges but still, a lot of money to blow on a bike I haven't tried being such a bigh wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Finksta View Post
    I found 5 stores advertising them here, Specialized Mountain - Dual Suspension Bikes for Sale in Australia
    Don't know if that means they actually have them, but worth a try?

Knob scrubber

Re: 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread

Yeah I thought that was probably the case. My lbs says they'll have the enduro 29 in store next week, I'm pretty keen to have a look at one of these bad boys myself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Knob scrubber
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola View Post
    I have already contacted all those waaaaay back. The bikes are sold out. The just haven't removed the adds. I went through the trouble of contacting every single Spesh dealer here. Nothing. NIL. NADA.

Just got a call from LBS offering me the 29er but don't want to buy before I try. I know the rave is huges but still, a lot of money to blow on a bike I haven't tried being such a bigh wheel.
    Don't know if you would consider a used one, or what size you are after, but found this one on Rotorburn http://http://www.rotorburn.com/foru...00#post2660100

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Have any of you considered buying an Enduro Expert Carbon bike in the Cyan color? The frame is the exact same carbon that's used in the S-works version. I know it doesn't come with the CC DBAir shock and all, but you could buy one aftermarket if you really wanted. Just a thought since the S-works Enduros seem to be sold out for the year.

mtbr member
    Aren´t the Expert frames Fact 10 and the Sworks Fact-11?

Don´t know if there´s any real difference though.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Both the S-works and Expert Carbon frames use the Fact 11m carbon this year.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The frames should be the same. They are the same on the 29" Enduros as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks Finksta. Been talking to the seller for a bit already. Thinking about it and hopefully inspecting the bike next week.

Gotta say that still prefer new and have the warranty on the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Finksta View Post
    Don't know if you would consider a used one, or what size you are after, but found this one on Rotorburn http://http://www.rotorburn.com/foru...00#post2660100

mtbr member
    What colors will be available for the s works frame for 2014

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Mojo Wheels in Colorado has a complete red medium. Just to put it out there for anyone looking.

mtbr member
    There are still full bikes available from Specialized, but framesets are sold out for the year.
    I picked up a medium S-works Enduro yesterday, but i'm selling the frame. My 2013 SJ was stolen and it was basically built identical to the s-works Enduro, so it was easiest to buy the Enduro and do a frame swap.
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member
    very nice frame form spez, its a dream to have one...hiikss

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post
    Both the S-works and Expert Carbon frames use the Fact 11m carbon this year.
    CCDB air vs FOX Float CTD Performance shock with proprietary AUTOSAG

mtbr member

still working

aka...appBLING72
    What? Already? Hopefully it's to get the 29" version. This bike is amazing.

mtbr member
    Would u trade yours for a 29"?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Mr lych do you still have the frame for sale?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    What size is your bike and is it still for sale?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi guys!!! Do still satisfy with your xx1 groupset???

I have installed one GXP in my Enduro S-works 2010, with 32T chainring. Everything ok, but in steep climb when i need to use the 3 lowest gears I fell that the chain makes to much retention which implicate more strengh in the cranks. I stated that the cross chain in the 42 drive is much more than in the 10 drive. If increase the chain lenght when i'm on 10 drive, the chain get too large. I have already try to put the chainring closer to the frame but it isn't possible. I used to have 3 chainring and when i need the 22T with 32 drive everything is more fluid without strengh. I disapointed because I get earlier tired. Someone notice the same problem????

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    So, I'm building my Enduro up and it feels like the rear end is clunking....track it down to the forward end of the CCDB Air. The mounting bolt is tight yet it feels like the bushing is gone....WTF?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast