Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    How does it climb ? long steep climbs....is it slow?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    WHAT SIZE do I need. I am 5'9". I think a medium but when I went to the geometry chart I saw they shrunk the top tube from the 2010 and 2011 tope tube on the enduro for the 2013. I had the 2011
    sworks enduro and it was a perfect fit with a 60mm stem..... I am scared to get a medium because it is 20mm shorter on the top actual top tube measurement. What is the better length to look at the actual or the horizontal length? Should I get a large or the medium?? Please let me know your thoughts.... I am stressing out over this

aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    WHAT SIZE do I need. I am 5'9". I think a medium but when I went to the geometry chart I saw they shrunk the top tube from the 2010 and 2011 tope tube on the enduro for the 2013. I had the 2011
    sworks enduro and it was a perfect fit with a 60mm stem..... I am scared to get a medium because it is 20mm shorter on the top actual top tube measurement. What is the better length to look at the actual or the horizontal length? Should I get a large or the medium?? Please let me know your thoughts.... I am stressing out over this
    I'm 5'11" and the medium for me with 60mm stem is perfect for XCish and 50mm for more aggressive AM type. I guess it all depends on your torso/reach etc... I have always ride medium when I was on the border just for the quicker handling and agility.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Rocket Ron /Racing Ralph on an Enduro? These are pure CC tires!

aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    I can't speak for aappling, but I had good luck pulling the front shock pivot bolt. After pulling the bolt you can lower the front end of the shock just enough to stick your pinkie finger in the cable exit hole. Feed the housing until it hits your finger then use your finger to guide the housing out of the frame. Takes about 5 minutes.
    Like SV said it was pretty simple. I used a different approach. I just used an L shape Allen key(3mm) and before pushing housing through put it above the exit hole. Hen the housing protruded I simply pulled down on the Allen key and that was it. Another friend I spoke to made a loop with an old spoke and ran the housing into that and pulled it down. So there are a few ways to go about it. All in all very simple.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I too have alway been on a medium however I was looking at a ibis mojo and it seemed to short and cramped and I had a carbon Nomad and it was almost to short, ( there is no way I could have ran a 60 or 50 stem on it and that is what I like) My torso is paportinate to my lower legs of a 30 31 inseam.

aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkinho View Post
    That's what they are listed as, but I have ridden them hard in some of North Georgia's most demanding terrain at speed through some serious babyhead rock gardens, rocky creek crossings, and pushing hard through corners. The new Rocket Rons tread is actually quite aggressive and has great traction. The Racing Ralph has a nice predictable drift/breakaway that makes for nice cornering but pretty decent traction until it gets a little wet. Then it can be underwhelmed. At 28-30psi rear under hard cornering no squirmy feeling. I have a nobby nic 2.4 w/Trailstar as well and honestly it does have better front traction and damping properties, but for the terrain around here, unless im doing a Super D, or heading to Pisgah, this combo with the lower rolling resistance is working great. I have the butcher as well and fast trak combo that I like too, but you can feel the extra weight of the butcher on long rides and the new Rocket Rons cornering is quite impressive.

Nothing beats real world testing, so just because it's listed as XC, doesn't necessarily mean it can't blur the lines of aggressive XC/AM riding. The life may be shorter lived with how I ride it, but the combo is treating me right.
    Last edited by aappling72; 01-22-2013 at 10:59 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    got your point. I have been riding Rocket Rons for 3 years now in CC races. Great under dry conditions but there are better alternatives in mud/rain at least as front tire.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! yea...have to agree....I used the NN 2.4 SS on frt and 2.2 RR SS on rear of my stumpy evo and they were HORRIBLE

IMO...even in the SS the sidewall is still too thin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Intenseman View Post
    Here...in France

Leoseven

He will make the mold this week

Soon available on his website

P.S : i have same protection on my Intense M9

These are very cool. I followed the link to the site and as someone said tough to navigate for non French speaking folk as myself.

Has anyone had experience getting these in the US? Any other items like this?

Cheer,
    Curtis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aka...appBLING72
    got your point. I have been riding Rocket Rons for 3 years now in CC races. Great under dry conditions but there are better alternatives in mud/rain at least as front tire.
    What do you run for trail in the wet? Do you have a spare set of wheels that keep a different tire setup handy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    How does the enduro s works 2013 climb? Is it slow going up steep long hills? Does the cane creek shock without a lockout option affect the climbing? Please i am about to buy a new bike and i am between the enduro or the new stumpy evo

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

... and if we just ...

if u that worried about climbing...then get the stumpy EVO

aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by EGREGOR View Post
    How does the enduro s works 2013 climb? Is it slow going up steep long hills? Does the cane creek shock without a lockout option affect the climbing? Please i am about to buy a new bike and i am between the enduro or the new stumpy evo
    Really is all about the majority of riding you do. My enduro is 26.3 lbs and climbs better than my Mojo HD that was 28.7lb DW link. Granted thats 2.5lbs weight loss, but the actual traction and efficienct increased also. I was able to climb this one techy section 3 for 3 times, where in the past i was 1 for 5. Real workd proof...for me at least. That's both bikes at 28% sag no platform on either. Although the DB Air has a 4 click add of LSC adjustment it knocks the edge off just enough to provide a nice feel when pressing hard up hill. If you want more pedal efficiency run 25-26% sag, but then you are starting to firm up a bike that was intended to go go down fast and you slightly compromise that aspect of its performance. You won't go wrong with either the stumpy or enduro. One will be lighter than the other and blue the lines between descending confidence and climbing efficiency.
    Last edited by aappling72; 01-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks a lot! ...i am leaning towards the enduro ...I have a GF Superfly 100 but will like a more AM bike with more travel , i was going to get the santa cruz tallboy LTc until i saw the new specialized bikes! and the Enduro is a beauty. But it will be going back to a 26 from a 29

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailwerks View Post
    These are very cool. I followed the link to the site and as someone said tough to navigate for non French speaking folk as myself.

Has anyone had experience getting these in the US? Any other items like this?

Cheer,
    Curtis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hi Curtis

For Info, 2013 Carbon Enduro model will be available very soon (8-10 days), I sent him an S-Works Molt

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...42684738_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...25996893_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...71308801_n.jpg
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

aka...appBLING72
    Hi Curtis

For Info, 2013 Carbon Enduro model will be available very soon (8-10 days), I sent him an S-Works Molt

Nice! Keep us posted when they are ready!

mtbr member
    I have already received my wheelset

Go faster!
    Hi Curtis

Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I'm interested in picking up a set once they become available.

aka...appBLING72
    I have already received my wheelset
    Wheels look nice!! Is the last one your XD driver body? For what hub/spoke combo. Weight

mtbr member
    Aivee Hubs (French products) / Sapim CX Ray

AiveeAccueil

mtbr member

aka...appBLING72

Looks NICE!!!

Go faster!
    Awesome ride. You're already upgrading and I haven't even finished my build.

aka...appBLING72
    Have any of you guys had any issues setting up the XX1 derailleur? Mine is working and shifting fine, but it feels like I'm getting a sound in the middle gears like it is wanting shift up or down. I can remove it a little with the barrel adjust, but then there is a slight compromise in one direction or the other direction of shift. Almost a slight delay due to the cable tension. I followed the setup instructions to the T. Setting the B tension was a list different than any other detailleur. So I may just start over with that.

Again, it is working great even with this small little hiccup. Could be a little cable stretch occurring too. Just wanted to see if anyone else had ran into this while riding.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast