Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 387
  1. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by cubebiker View Post
    What size is that?
    large

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor.roberts View Post
    Hey Intenseman, I have a stock '13 Enduro and it comes with an MRP Chain Guide. I was thinking about taking it off because it seems like the XX1 doesnt need it. Have you had any chain dropping problems?
    No problem without MRP Chain guide (I don't use mine)
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

  3. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    410
    Last edited by Intenseman; 02-10-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

  4. #154
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    I am playing the waiting game on many things at the moment as well.
    Thus far I've got most of the build figured out, but had to recently change my plans instead of waiting for Chris King to produce an xx1 driver... Initially I was told it'd be April and I'd have one in my hands, but nope... Anyhow, the build is as follows. still deciding what to do wheel wise...

    Red frame, size Large( wanted blue, but that would have been late March-apparently 1 went into the UT distro, but it was already paid for... Perhaps it's the one in this thread...)
    E160TA currently running, and still love this fork. Passively looking for a Durolux or a Vengeance as I'd like to try them out...
    Sixc crankset, and rf ring
    xx1 shifting
    XTR trail brakes
    Enve Bars
    Thomson stem, looking at one of the new twenty6.
    Reverb dropper

    Wheels are looking like the Flow-ex on 350's. I've had the 240s, and don't have the spare $ to drop on them at the moment... Would have been nice if I could have kept my Chris King on Roval Carbon rims, but couldn't handle the wait...

    Anyone tried throwing 650b's in their frame? I'm going to check clearance today and see if it's a possibility.

    Oh, and my frame weighed 6.46 lb with the shock and seatpost clamp, on my ipad so i don't have the picture of it. Spesh didn't send all the parts I needed initially, as it's a warranty replacement.

    Cheers
    -Isaac
    Last edited by ids; 02-11-2013 at 06:43 PM.

  5. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23

    Size Frame/Tyres

    Intenseman

    What size is your frame?

    How is the Ground Control tyres comparated with Butcher and Purgatory?

  6. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by tshred View Post
    Yes...
    Mine shipped. Supposed to be at LBS tomorrow.

  7. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by goncallf View Post
    Intenseman

    What size is your frame?

    How is the Ground Control tyres comparated with Butcher and Purgatory?
    Medium

    i will use butcher/purgatory on mountain terrain
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

  8. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    63
    Has anyone built theirs up with Shimano/Race Face cranks, or anything that requires a PF30 BB adapter to 24mm spindle? How is the chain line coming out?

  9. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    What is your weight and shock settings including air pressure?

  10. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    What is your weight and shock settings including air pressure?

  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    63
    I saw Keene's bike with a stealth reverb, it looked like the routing was down the down tube, under the bb then into the frame somehow...anyone know how?

  12. #162
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Likely just a hole drilled above the bb, I've seen a few people do this on Alu frames. It voids warranty for all is regular folks, maybe it's an addition on the 2014 frames.

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    What are the base settings for the DB Air?

  14. #164
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEG View Post
    What are the base settings for the DB Air?
    Here's what the "Recommended settings for the Enduro" card say:

    I think it said to start with roughly 75 psi and check sag there.

    recommended sag 19mm

    Compression:
    HSC: 1.25 turns from open
    LSC: 4 clicks from open

    Rebound:
    HSR: 3 turns from open
    LSR: 10 clicks from open.

    Hope that was what you wanted.
    -Isaac

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by ids View Post
    Here's what the "Recommended settings for the Enduro" card say:

    I think it said to start with roughly 75 psi and check sag there.

    recommended sag 19mm

    Compression:
    HSC: 1.25 turns from open
    LSC: 4 clicks from open

    Rebound:
    HSR: 3 turns from open
    LSR: 10 clicks from open.

    Hope that was what you wanted.
    -Isaac
    Thanks. I just picked mine up today, and it came with a settings card from Cane Creek.

    I am really amazed at how well the S Works package and peripherals are put together. Really impressed. I'll post some photos once I get it built.

  16. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    129
    QUESTION: What is the threaded hole right next to the chainstay pivot on the lower seat tube drive side for. I know it is not a ISOG screw hole??

  17. #167
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    It's for an s3 mount of a chain guide or front derailleur. The e-type xcx guide from e-13 fits perfectly into that system.

  18. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEG View Post
    Thanks. I just picked mine up today, and it came with a settings card from Cane Creek.

    I am really amazed at how well the S Works package and peripherals are put together. Really impressed. I'll post some photos once I get it built.
    Did you happen to get the bike at Center Cycle?
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2
    hi intenseman! i notice in your pics you have carbon bash guard on downtube with "sworks" decal. did you remove the original decal from downtube or did you use new sworks decal for carbon bash guard? thanks!

  20. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2
    hi! what length/rise stem are you all using for a medium frame?

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    double post. not sure how to delete this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4550.jpg  

    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4554.jpg  

    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4569.jpg  


  22. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Big thanks to Dave at Center Cycle in Renton WA!

    More info here
    Ride: This New Bike - 2013 Specialized S Works Enduro


    Attached Thumbnails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4550.jpg  

    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4569.jpg  

    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4554.jpg  

    Last edited by JimEG; 02-18-2013 at 08:39 PM.

  23. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17
    JimEG, I'm liking your build. I have something similar coming along myself. What's the deal with the 2mm offset bushing (is it a stock part)?

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    59
    nice builds guys

  25. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by funkateer44 View Post
    JimEG, I'm liking your build. I have something similar coming along myself. What's the deal with the 2mm offset bushing (is it a stock part)?
    You can get them on eBay. Not a stock part. I got lucky. I had one left over from my HD and it was a perfect fit.

  26. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,128
    Nice build Jim! I also wanted to thank you for the deal on the stock wheelset. They fit my build real nice!
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

  27. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    You are welcome! I've been buying bikes from Dave and Center Cycle for over 10 years. He always has the good bikes and the service is top notch. Glad that worked out for everybody.
    Last edited by JimEG; 02-19-2013 at 08:58 AM.

  28. #178
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    151
    Anyone else notice that their rear triangle has started to develop some play?

  29. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    Anyone else notice that their rear triangle has started to develop some play?
    Which pivot(s)?

  30. #180
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    151
    Due to the nature of the Specialized warranty and the fact that I've logged only a few rides on my new frame, I took it to my shop for inspection. Their mechanic informed me that the upper shock bushing is worn out and qualifies as a warranty repair. Hopefully the replacement bushing fixes the problem. Let me know if any of you experience the same problem.

  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    Due to the nature of the Specialized warranty and the fact that I've logged only a few rides on my new frame, I took it to my shop for inspection. Their mechanic informed me that the upper shock bushing is worn out and qualifies as a warranty repair. Hopefully the replacement bushing fixes the problem. Let me know if any of you experience the same problem.
    Thanks for following up. That kind of wear is actually common to all suspension bikes and a minor repair. Cool to hear Specialized took care of it.

  32. #182
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    151
    I kinda agree. I guess i was trying tomsay that it is not common for bushings to wear out in 6 rides. Had I been riding my bike regularly for 3 months then it would be expected wear. At least that was the experience I had with my old nomad. Keep an eye on your rig and let us know if you experience the same problem.

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    I kinda agree. I guess i was trying tomsay that it is not common for bushings to wear out in 6 rides. Had I been riding my bike regularly for 3 months then it would be expected wear. At least that was the experience I had with my old nomad. Keep an eye on your rig and let us know if you experience the same problem.
    I missed the 6 ride part. That is premature.

    I have actually changed mine to a different 2mm off set bushing to slacken the bike and lower it a little.

    I'll keep an eye on it and follow up if it wears prematurely(not that Specialized would be responsible for this aftermarket one).

  34. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NoShirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    174
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebucksadventures/8490195723/" title="Contrast by The Buck's Adventures, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8490195723_217afc8da4_z.jpg" width="640" height="427" alt="Contrast"></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebucksadventures/8490196503/" title="carbon hoops by The Buck's Adventures, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8490196503_248098ab3c_z.jpg" width="640" height="427" alt="carbon hoops"></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebucksadventures/8491295218/" title="standover by The Buck's Adventures, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8378/8491295218_80630045ce_z.jpg" width="427" height="640" alt="standover"></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebucksadventures/8490195545/" title="Garage Days by The Buck's Adventures, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8505/8490195545_f4e0d176f9_z.jpg" width="640" height="427" alt="Garage Days"></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebucksadventures/8491293472/" title="1x10 setup by The Buck's Adventures, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8526/8491293472_3138784740_z.jpg" width="640" height="427" alt="1x10 setup"></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebucksadventures/8491295886/" title="top tube by The Buck's Adventures, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8372/8491295886_3fe75dd192_z.jpg" width="427" height="640" alt="top tube"></a>
    Last edited by NoShirt; 02-21-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Have a nice ride!

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Can you run a stealth reverb on the sworks does anyone know?

  36. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip Fontane View Post
    Can you run a stealth reverb on the sworks does anyone know?
    Good question. I dont think it is possible without drilling the frame though. Would like to here if anyone else knows.

    Has anyone else tried a standard Reverb and then tried the internal routing where the Command Post cable went? I couldn't get the Reverb hose through the exit hole at the top. Too tight. Considering drilling it out a little bit. Had to tape the hose to the top tube. Not so clean of an install. Going to call Specialized first. Not a fan of the Command Post.

    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_4554.jpg

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    410
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_6569.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_6571.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-img_6572.jpg


    Not possible to use Reverb Stealth without drilling the frame (like Curtis Keene S-Works)


    Possible to use Reverb classic (juste file the hose hole 4mm to 5mm)

    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/97/6277.jpg


    Eric
    Last edited by Intenseman; 02-24-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

  38. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    189
    im sure this is in some thread, does anyone have a "real" frame weight of the 2013 enduro carbon ?...thanks

  39. #189
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEG View Post
    Good question. I dont think it is possible without drilling the frame though. Would like to here if anyone else knows.

    Has anyone else tried a standard Reverb and then tried the internal routing where the Command Post cable went? I couldn't get the Reverb hose through the exit hole at the top. Too tight. Considering drilling it out a little bit. Had to tape the hose to the top tube. Not so clean of an install. Going to call Specialized first. Not a fan of the Command Post.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4554.jpg 
Views:	1159 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	774732
    Yeah, Unless you want to void your warranty, the stealth isn't an option. However Jagwire makes a hydro cable of a smaller diameter so if you switch that out for the regular reverb cable it fits perfectly. That's what I had to do. I'm also debating getting a LEV later on to have 6" of dropper, and a stationary cable.

  40. #190
    ids
    ids is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by burpp View Post
    im sure this is in some thread, does anyone have a "real" frame weight of the 2013 enduro carbon ?...thanks
    The s-works weighs 6.46 lb, size large with axle, shock, and chainstay protector. Don't know how much the non-S-works model weighs...

  41. #191
    Executive User - UK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterR View Post
    I saw Keene's bike with a stealth reverb, it looked like the routing was down the down tube, under the bb then into the frame somehow...anyone know how?
    the one I saw looked like he ran the hose through the top tube and out the normal dropper post entry/exit point near the headtube.

    Liking them '13 Enduro's BTW :-)

  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEG View Post
    You can get them on eBay. Not a stock part. I got lucky. I had one left over from my HD and it was a perfect fit.
    Titanium offset bushings-
    Burgtec Titanium Offset Shock Hardware | Burgtec

  43. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,040
    Hi,

    I'd like to ask you happy Enduro owners a question, I need your help :-)

    I want to buy an Sworks frame and I have a short torso and long legs.
    I'd need 27,5cm of seat post (measured from top of the seat tube at frame to the saddle rails) showing on a large frame. Is that possible with a Command Post or would I need a 420mm Reverb or something alike.

    If I explained that not good enough, maybe you could tell me, what the minimum insertion for the seat post on a large carbon Enduro frame is (cm, mm or inch is fine)

    I could then determine if I could get away with a large frame with my inseam of 36.6".

    I appreciate any help.

    Thanks a lot,
    Znarf

  44. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    Hi,

    I'd like to ask you happy Enduro owners a question, I need your help :-)

    I want to buy an Sworks frame and I have a short torso and long legs.
    I'd need 27,5cm of seat post (measured from top of the seat tube at frame to the saddle rails) showing on a large frame. Is that possible with a Command Post or would I need a 420mm Reverb or something alike.

    If I explained that not good enough, maybe you could tell me, what the minimum insertion for the seat post on a large carbon Enduro frame is (cm, mm or inch is fine)

    I could then determine if I could get away with a large frame with my inseam of 36.6".

    I appreciate any help.

    Thanks a lot,
    Znarf
    Whats ur height? Specialized quit making the XL frame for the enduro and even dropped the XL for the 26er stumpy.

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21
    IntenseMan.....how were you able to get the S-Works decal to replace the letters the LeoSeven protector covered? Did you get it from them like that or do it yourself?

  46. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,040
    Hi Stumpynerd,

    I am "only" 6ft,but my legs are really long. My torso is short, my arms are long again though. Like an Orang Utan.

    I currently ride a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR 29er in size XL.
    The 530mm or 21" seat tube is quite good for me, with a 125mm Reverb post about 1inch of post is showing under the Reverbs seat collar.

    The top tube is a little long for me though, I use a 30mm stem.
    For a more aggressive bike I'd like a smaller fit though.

    The Large Enduro and its 617mm TT looks perfect. Just the seat tube is a little on the short side for my physique.

    I guess I'll get away with a 425mm post though. Just don't want to damage the precious carbon frame...

    Greetings Znarf

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    39
    Intenseman

    I ordered the same guard from Leoseven but it came with no instruction. Would you be kind enough to share how to fit one on the frame? And the sticker you got.

  48. #198
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    151
    Intenseman-

    Can you post a few pics with the new cf protector installed?
    Last edited by tkrowe; 02-27-2013 at 03:14 PM.

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    86
    How many Spacer did you guys need to install the XX1 Crankset into the PF30 BB?
    I have three manuals and all say different things...

    And btw my frame came stock with a decent play in the front shock mount...
    Anybody else?
    Last edited by cubebiker; 02-28-2013 at 11:25 PM.

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Intenseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by TANK01 View Post
    Intenseman

    I ordered the same guard from Leoseven but it came with no instruction. Would you be kind enough to share how to fit one on the frame? And the sticker you got.
    Just one screw

    Custom decals


    * Original frame decals :
    - Height : 5,7cm
    - Width : 65,5 cm


    * Custom decals : (Deformed version of the original "Specialized" logo..for the carbon protection)

    - Height : 7,2cm
    - Width : 65,5cm

    Original "Specialized" vectorized logos available here :

    S-Works Logo Vector Download Free (Brand Logos) (AI, EPS, CDR, PDF, GIF, SVG) | seeklogo.com

    Tag: Specialized - Logo Vector Download Free (Brand Logos) (AI, EPS, CDR, PDF, GIF, SVG) | seeklogo.com


    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6572.jpg



    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    Intenseman-

    Can you post a few pics with the new cf protector installed?
    2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6574.jpg2013 S-Works Enduro Build Thread-6576.jpg


    Eric
    France
    Last edited by Intenseman; 03-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •