mtbr member
    Nov 2010

2013 Epic shock noise

Have any of you noticed a slight tick or clunk when the shock goes through the very first bit of travel or the transition from compression to rebound even with the Brain all the way open? It almost feels like it sticks just a bit. I've had the bike a couple of months and I'm not sure if it was always like that and I just never noticed or it it's something new.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That's normal, slightly more noticeable at slower speeds and when set to firm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    It's broken. The blue knob to adjust the fade is stuck at the firm position however it feels the same as the soft position. I thought something didn't seem right the last time out. 500 miles and it's toast, grrrrrr.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I had the same thing happen on my 13 stumpjumper FSR and my shock ended up going bad about a week later and the dealer ended up replacing it all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Fixed for now, the shop just cranked it with a pair of pliers and it came unstuck. Seems like a bit of a weak link in the design. I'll run it until blows.

Orr
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    my rear shock started to do some noise in the past month , something like "oink" sound when the rear wheel got some hit from the ground, yesterday after night ride in the desert my shock started to make sounds like the oil moving or foaming while it rebound , i understood from my LBS that some air got into the brain system ,
    is anyone experience this issue ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Orr View Post
    my rear shock started to do some noise in the past month , something like "oink" sound when the rear wheel got some hit from the ground, yesterday after night ride in the desert my shock started to make sounds like the oil moving or foaming while it rebound , i understood from my LBS that some air got into the brain system ,
    is anyone experience this issue ?
    Time to send it in; just got mine back two weeks ago from having the same problem fixed. It could be that air from the air can has migrated into the shock body. Regardless, the sooner you send it in the better. What years is yours? How long since you serviced it?

Orr
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    sunday morning it's going for the local fox distributor workshop for service ,
    i bought them 3 month ago , epic comp 2013
    it's only have to survive the ride tomorrow morning