mtbr member
    Dec 2012

2013 Epic Marathon brain fork

My brain fork feels like it is topping out or over extending when hitting bumps, it almost has the feeling of a loose headset. My buddy has the same bike with the same problem, I can't believe the brain is making the fork feel like this, anyone else have this problem? I have ridden several brain fork bikes and they all seem to have this feeling, it doesn't make a noise, it's just something you can feel. I love this bike, and the way the brain works, just not the feeling of it.
    2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro(sold)
    2013 Specialized Epic Marathon

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    It's normal. They all have it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    That's a crazy way to make a fork feel, it works great but that unconnected feeling is terrible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    On the firmest two settings you should feel the brain opening and closing. Does it still do the same with the brain on soft? If so something isn't right.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete N View Post
    On the firmest two settings you should feel the brain opening and closing. Does it still do the same with the brain on soft? If so something isn't right.
    I rode today and set it a few clicks softer and it did have a more normal feeling. I usually have the front and rear set to full firm and prefer it that way, guess I will just have to live with that odd feel.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    any updates on this?