mtbr member
    Jun 2011

2013 Epic Expert Carbon of Epic Marathon: Which one to get?

Hey I was wondering if any of you have experience with either of these models, or better yet, were familiar with the ride between these two models. I have an opportunity to purchase either of these 2013 models new for a super aggressive price point, and I am very close to making a decision. I realize the 2014 is all new, and perhaps better, but simply out of my reach money wise. Any riding impressions would be helpful. I am coming off a Stumpjumper FSR S-Works 26", and this would be my first 29er. I am 6'2", so clearly a 29er would be doable. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hey mate i own the Carbon Expert Epic 2013 and i love it, it is fast it has tons of tuning possibilities i can recommend it for one, the Marathon i have not ridden so it is probably a bit lighter i think and some other stuff that is a bit better over the Expert but for me it is a dream come true i have wanted that bike(expert) now i own it and i am so looking forward to summer

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PekkaS-works View Post
    Hey mate i own the Carbon Expert Epic 2013 and i love it, it is fast it has tons of tuning possibilities i can recommend it for one, the Marathon i have not ridden so it is probably a bit lighter i think and some other stuff that is a bit better over the Expert but for me it is a dream come true i have wanted that bike(expert) now i own it and i am so looking forward to summer
    Nice! Yea I am super pumped to be moving to a 29er, and the Epic should fit my riding style well. Post some pictures!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    here are some snowy ones

here a few autumn pics

there ya go

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Wow I like the color. Not too sure I would get much traction in that snow, but you would know better than I! I should pick up the new Marathon in the next few days. I put down a large deposit yesterday. Nice lid you have there too.