mtbr member
    May 2004

2013 Enduro 26. Comp or Expert.

I am trying to rent/demo as many bike as possible before I go for something new. I tested/demoed a 2013 Carbon Expert 26 the other day and really liked it, I want one. I don't really need or want carbon so I would probably go for the Comp and save $3K except the downgrade in the fork and shock concern me. The other components I can live with as I would replace a few with my own favourites anyway.

I could upgrade the fork or damper to a 2014/2013 FIT CTD at a reasonable cost but the rear cannot be upgraded as far as I know. So my question is "how much of a downgrade is the Performance series vs Evolution series"? Even the Expert doesn't have the top of the line rear shock. Will the lack of the boost valve be much of a negative? The Comp is not available to rent or demo.

Expert - FOX Float CTD Performance
    Comp - FOX Float CTD Evolution

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

2013 Enduro 26. Comp or Expert.

You can still upgrade the rear shock, it just needs to be purchased from specialized. If your going to spend the money to upgrade, just buy the cane creek rear and buy a pike fork if your going to upgrade the fork too. Pretty amazing combo of suspension on the enduro...

mtbr member
    ^^^I'm with him^^^
    if you dont really want the carbon frame, get the comp, order a Pike fork and the CCDB from the s-works thru your spesh dealer and enjoy! It would be a sick setup and your still $1500 cheaper!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I'm waiting for the CS DB Air to come out and then I'll be selling my 2013 DB Air off of my 2 month old 2013 S-Works. Thinking around $450 for the shock if you are interested. The CS should be coming out this week, so it'll be up for sale next week.

p.s. It will only fit the 2013 Enduro Models.

Let me know,
    D
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    I'm waiting for the CS DB Air to come out and then I'll be selling my 2013 DB Air off of my 2 month old 2013 S-Works. Thinking around $450 for the shock if you are interested. The CS should be coming out this week, so it'll be up for sale next week.

p.s. It will only fit the 2013 Enduro Models.

Let me know,
    D
    Maybe.

However I just bought the Expert carbon last weekend and haven't even taken it out on a maiden voyage. What's the cost of the DB CS?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolatt View Post
    Maybe.

However I just bought the Expert carbon last weekend and haven't even taken it out on a maiden voyage. What's the cost of the DB CS?
    I think it will be around $700.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'd get the comp + PIKE!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Will fit 2014 model too right?

mtbr member
    Yes, it will fit only the 2013 and 2014 models.