mtbr member

2012 vs 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert

Anyone out there with experience riding both a 2012 SJ FSR Expert 29er (carbon) and a 2013 of the same model? I've heard the brain was kinda squishy on the 2012 and older, but that they really dialed it in on 2013 and it works a little more like the epic (very little-to-no bob while climbing until you need it).
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

mtbr member
    Bumping my own thread- there have to be some folks out there with experience/ knowledge between these two. I'm potentially looking at picking up a 2012 Expert frame, but not if the Brain isn't any good compared to the 2013.
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

Knob scrubber
    I can only comment on the 2013 model, see my first ride report
    Stumpjumper FSR Expert carbon - My first 29er

mtbr member
    Thanks Finksta- I got confirmation today from Specialized that the Brain isn't valved or tuned any differently on the 2012/ 2013, only that the 2013 has the auto-sag, which isn't a big deal to me.