mtbr member
    Jun 2006

2012 Stumpy FSR EVO crank question

Hi,
    I'm entertaining going to a carbon crankset for my 2012 Stumpy FSR EVO. Do I need a new BB, or can I just replace the crank arms? I've never worked on my own bikes, but am thinking this winter I am gonna start tinkering. Thanks in advance for any help on the subject...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You can just buy a Sram XO crank set or any other carbon crank set that is made for BB30/PF30 bottom brackets. They will slide right in to the bottom bracket that is installed on the bike now.

Finally stateside again
    is there anything wrong with your cranks or are you just buying new ones to upgrade. the carbon cranks that came on the bike are actually pretty nice cranks. mine have taken tons of abuse. i think the only way to really upgrade them would be to go with the xx1 so you could run the 1x11. other then that the XO or the SixC would shave a bit of weight but not anything noticeable

EDIT: i guess i should of asked if you have the expert or not. if its not the
    expert evo then the XOs or the SixC is a great choice

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have the comp. Upgraded to MT6's out of the box. Then added Flows laced to Hope's, and a carbon handle bar. I think the stock crank is probably the last thing I'll change until something breaks and has to be changed.