mtbr member
    Aug 2012

2012 Stumpy FSR COMP EVO vs 2013 Stumpy FSR COMP EVO?

So it seems Specialized is not offering the XL in a 26'' for the COMP EVO next year.

Looking over the specs it seems the 2012 has better specs

* better fork
    * better brakes

Does this seem correct to you? Any other differences? Which bike do you think came better equipped 2012 or 2013?

mtbr member
    the 2012s had elixir 7s, this years has 5's. You do get an xt rear derailleur with a clutch. Both have low end joytech hubs. Overall similar build specs. If you are in need of a xl you might want to consider a 29er. Specialized is steering toward pushing taller riders onto 29 inch wheels. I have been on a stumpy comp 29er for a year and really like it. I am switching back to 26 inch version but I ride a medium. I am 5'11" so I can kinda go either way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I forgot about the dérailleur. The 2013 has the X9 with a clutch and lock out as well. At 265 lbs currently, I'm a little worried about 29'' wheels under me. I use to race NORBA and CA State races back in the early 90's and I'm getting back into ridding again. Not sold on the 29'ers just yet. I'm 6'1'' with 34'' inseam and wear 36/37 collared shirts. The Large just seems a little small and on an EVO I really don't want to stretch the stem out

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Update

Specialized site is up with the 2013 bikes. Looks like they will be offering an XL in the Comp EVO after all

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    There is also the rp2 rear shock vs the new CTD shock. That is a slight upgrade in my opinion over the 2012.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What about the fork?

Can some please tell me the differences between the RockShox Revelation RC3 and the RockShox Revelation RL

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinJason11 View Post
    What about the fork?

Can some please tell me the differences between the RockShox Revelation RC3 and the RockShox Revelation RL
    Not much info out there anyone know the differences

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    if you want a 2012 evo carbon comp let me know. i am selling mine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I got a 2012 coming tomorrow. I'm looking for info on the differences in the fork

Finally stateside again
    Quote Originally Posted by tim208 View Post
    if you want a 2012 evo carbon comp let me know. i am selling mine.
    how do you have an evo carbon comp. i thought they only made the evo expert in carbon