Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

2012 Epic 29er Picture Thread

POST YOURS!!!
    Here is my first 2012, I bought this because the S-works (sram) has been delayed until november apparently due to not enough pre-orders. Yet some people in other countries already have them. O well enough ranting

Weight for now is 26.50 lbs with XTR 980 pedals (307g), edge 500/gsc 10 (95g), and a heavy bottle cage (36g)
    Mods are tubeless, Rocket Ron Front tire (moved fast trak to rear), ESI Grips, syntace F109 100mm, Ritchey superlogic seatpost, and S-works Chicane saddle

Stock Weight Comparison (no pedals, dork disc or reflectors) -
    2011 Comp Carbon 29er (XL) 27.38 lbs
    2012 Comp Carbon 29er (XL) 26.31 lbs

I know everyone will be interested in the wheels/tire weights
    Front Wheel, Tire, Tube, and Rotor - 1795
    Rear Wheel, Tire, Tube, Cassette, dork disc and Rotor - 2376
    Front Wheel - 985
    Rear Wheel, Cassette and dork disc - 1544
    S-works Fast Trak 29x2.0 - 525
    Renegade Control 29x1.95? - 550
    9mm Skewer - 58

POST YOURS!!!

Compelling, and rich.
    I'm super jealous. I love the scheme on this years Comp Carbon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Dang, that it one good looking bike!

mtbr member
    Mine will be here next week,can't barely wait now !! So that's an XL,it looks perfectly balanced, beautiful rig. I would have waited for an Sworks anyway. No Expert available either ??
    I'll add a pic as soon as possible

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    All I see on these forums is the comp carb. Is that the only one released? I ordered a regular epic comp 2012 and want to know if anyone has taken shipment yet?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the kind words. In regards to the color it is awesome, it's more of a neon red. I guess the picture darkens it.

I noticed their is now 2 layers of tape on the seat tube where the brain hose could potentially rub, I took a picture and will upload it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Mine will be here next week,can't barely wait now !! So that's an XL,it looks perfectly balanced, beautiful rig. I would have waited for an Sworks anyway. No Expert available either ??
    I'll add a pic as soon as possible
    I am still waiting for the S-Works, but I needed something to fill the gap especially because it will be very cold in 2 months. The Expert wasn't available in XL.

Quote Originally Posted by firebook23 View Post
    All I see on these forums is the comp carb. Is that the only one released? I ordered a regular epic comp 2012 and want to know if anyone has taken shipment yet?
    Comp, Comp Carbon and Expert are out. S-works are out in some countries, someone sent me a picture of one in Italy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Does anyone know the average time Ill wait from ordering to getting my Comp? does specialized have them in stock ? is it just a matter of fulfilling the order?

mtbr member
    Does anyone know the average time Ill wait from ordering to getting my Comp? does specialized have them in stock ? is it just a matter of fulfilling the order?
    I know there were 4 XL comps left a week ago, call your dealer and find out if your size is available. If it is it's a matter of how long it takes to ship, took 5 days to NY for mine.

The brakes have taken a big step forward this year on the comp. Now you can adjust them so the brakes grab as soon as you pull the lever the slightest bit, this is especially nice for the rear. It makes them feel a lot more responsive.

I did have one instance of chain suck on the first ride. I am growing to hate the 24/38 X7 rings, I don't think I will change them on this bike (unless I go 1x10) but I certainly will on the next one.

Here is the pic

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have a 2012 epic comp 29er. Had it for about 4 or 5 weeks. I will post pictures tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    I know there were 4 XL comps left a week ago, call your dealer and find out if your size is available.
    4XL 's left where?

mtbr member
    4XL 's left where?
    In the Specialized warehouse stock, I'd be willing to bet those 4 are gone by now. But that doesn't say another about other sizes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    In the Specialized warehouse stock, I'd be willing to bet those 4 are gone by now. But that doesn't say another about other sizes.
    I ordered mine in mid aug. And still have not got it yet! But I am in Canada so that might be why.... Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anybody seen their 2012 s works epic frame/fork sets yet?I have a red/carbon/white med ordered.... Last ETA i was told is October.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonf600 View Post
    Anybody seen their 2012 s works epic frame/fork sets yet?I have a red/carbon/white med ordered.... Last ETA i was told is October.
    I haven't seen that color combo yet but the comp carbon looks pretty similar except the red will be darker. I have seen a picture of a 2012 Black/Red/Carbon.

When did you order it? When were you given that ETA?
    I was told late September (when I ordered at the end of August) but now am being told they early November.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ordered it 8/6/11 and i was told October for ETA.The guys on my team got their 2012 experts about 2 weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ordered my '11 S-Works Epic 29er frameset in July of 2010 and it didn't show up until January of '11.
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    2012 Epic Comp Size XL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Epic 29er Picture Thread-epicflowers-001.jpg  

2012 Epic 29er Picture Thread-epicflowers-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pdqmach26 View Post
    2012 Epic Comp Size XL
    That color combo is sick! too bad i couldn't get it in Canada. Still waiting on mine... seems the snow will be here before my bike!

mtbr member
    That color is awesome! Specialized did a great job with the schemes this year, with the exception of not making the Black/Red S-works 29er available in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by erichwic View Post
    Ordered my '11 S-Works Epic 29er frameset in July of 2010 and it didn't show up until January of '11.
    Framesets always come out after complete bikes, also isn't yours one of the yellows ones? That takes even longer than the standard color complete bikes, as i'm sure you know

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    This is true.
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonf600 View Post
    Well, not sure where you are, but I am in the Toronto, Ontario area and we couldn't even order these until after the Spesh 2012 product launch in mid August. I have the same unit in a frameset order, but was told mid-January. So the October date seems agressive, but it's a slower delivery in Canada due to demand. I am doing my build over the winter. Tough waiting so long though.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    That color combo is sick! too bad i couldn't get it in Canada. Still waiting on mine... seems the snow will be here before my bike!
    Where about's are you in Canada? As a fellow Canadian with a frameset of my own incoming, it would be nice to know what you've been told . I trust my dealer and I am building up my parts bin to put things together in January. I have a sub 22lb spec on an S-Works that I could only get in the Red/White/Carbon colour. No mat black/yellow available apparently, but like the red better anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister View Post
    Well, not sure where you are, but I am in the Toronto, Ontario area and we couldn't even order these until after the Spesh 2012 product launch in mid August.
    Do you know if any 2012s have made it to TO Like the comp or carbon

mtbr member
    Do you know if any 2012s have made it to TO Like the comp or carbon
    I don't think so...I buy my bikes from Gears in Mississauga and they are one of the largest Spesh dealers in Canada. When I put the order on my S-Works 29er frameset, it was apparently the first one in the country ordered. And I do trust them as I have spent a small fortune there on bikes and they have been good to me the past few years. As I mentioned, they only committed to a mid January delivery on the frameset and joked with me not to bug them about it until at least Christmas.

I actually will be dropping in there in the next couple of weeks and will have a look around and ask some questions too. Where did you buy from in TO?

Cheers,

Neil

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister View Post

I actually will be dropping in there in the next couple of weeks and will have a look around and ask some questions too. Where did you buy from in TO?

Cheers,

Neil
    Out in Ajax... Ordered from impala in whitby. They said that it would be late sept. /oct. But I have not seen any at all in Canada yet so I am getting nervous cus I want to ride it before winter.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast