Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487

    2012 Camber Carbon Pro 29er

    Does anyone know the stock weight of this bike? Thanks for the help.

    Specialized Bicycle Components

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Does anyone own one of these bikes? Even if you do not own one, how about a good guess on the weight? I race Cat 1 and trying to figure out if this bike can light enough to compete at that level. Have to wait until January for my S-Works Epic. Thanks.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    60
    I had a Camber comp 29er all stock with ergon grips and it weighed almost 31lbs with clips. (medium) The carbon is a 1lbs weigh loss and the upgraded parts on the pro should be worth another 1-2lbs. So, I think a good guess is somewhere around 27-28lbs ready to ride.

    Again, just a best guess.

    SM

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    32
    I've got an Expert Carbon in size large at my shop, I will try weighing it for you tomorrow to give you a better idea.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    Does anyone own one of these bikes? Even if you do not own one, how about a good guess on the weight? I race Cat 1 and trying to figure out if this bike can light enough to compete at that level. Have to wait until January for my S-Works Epic. Thanks.
    You ordered your '13 S-Works Epic already? How did you get a part number for it????
    MCH Co-Captain

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic View Post
    You ordered your '13 S-Works Epic already? How did you get a part number for it????
    My Rep said that would be the earliest it would available to me.

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadGuyRogue View Post
    I've got an Expert Carbon in size large at my shop, I will try weighing it for you tomorrow to give you a better idea.
    Thanks!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    My Rep said that would be the earliest it would available to me.
    I'll order the frameset (if it's available, I'm assuming as much) as soon as it gets released at the dealer event.
    MCH Co-Captain

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2
    I just built up a camber carbon pro 29er frameset, 120mm talas, XO group, roval aluminum wheels comes out at 25lbs even. I would say it is an XC bike with some trail personality.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by mastajer View Post
    I just built up a camber carbon pro 29er frameset, 120mm talas, XO group, roval aluminum wheels comes out at 25lbs even. I would say it is an XC bike with some trail personality.
    If that build is 25 then the complete carbon pro with full XX group, no talas and carbon rims should be lighter. Especially lighter where it really counts at the wheels.
    Juice

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    32
    The Camber Expert Carbon size large weighed 28.8 lbs with test pedals

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Ordered one today, will let you all know the final weight once built up.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toytech64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    155
    Please post your weight I am very intrested. Ijusted order A carbon Pro but am ugrading the shifters to XX and a Fox 34 Float.

    I will post my weight when I get it, about 2 weeks
    He who dies with the most toys, still dies

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by toytech64 View Post
    Please post your weight I am very intrested. Ijusted order A carbon Pro but am ugrading the shifters to XX and a Fox 34 Float.

    I will post my weight when I get it, about 2 weeks
    Due in on Monday, changing seatpost, saddle, bar and setting up tubeless. Will post weight and pics when built - hopefully will be ready to ride on Tuesday!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    Pics please

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Here it is -

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    A little heavier then I wanted, but the bike looks and fits awesome. Still have some work to do. Front tire weighs in at 765g, rear 670g. When I switch over to the Racing Ralphs will drop the weight another 260g, putting it pretty close to 25lbs and thats with a GD seatpost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •