JRR
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

2011 sx trail with 160mm fork

Thinking about buying a sxtrail the new 180mm version will puting a160mm fork on the front mess up the ride much. Looks like the same frame as 2010 with a longer shock anyone know?And will be using it for trail riding so it should turn faster with 160mm fork is there anything else in the geometry or handling that will be affected bad

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JRR
    Thinking about buying a sxtrail the new 180mm version will puting a160mm fork on the front mess up the ride much. Looks like the same frame as 2010 with a longer shock anyone know?And will be using it for trail riding so it should turn faster with 160mm fork is there anything else in the geometry or handling that will be affected bad
    If trail riding only with the occassional DH, get a Enduro Evo instead.

Wouldn't bother putting a 160mm into the 2011 SXTrail. I own a 2010 and put a 180mm Talas into it and love it. The bike feels more balance but then again, I only do Freeriding with the very occassional trail riding.

mtbr member
    Get a regular enduro or enduro evo for that 160mm fork. I've got a 36 talas 180 on my SXT and it's a perfect match...not quite what I would call a trail bike...not quite a dh bike but sweetly in the middle.