The Other Dude

2011 S-Works Stumpy 29er HT

A buddy of mine gone one, man is this thing SWEET!!! The lines on this bike are dead sexy!

16.89lbs with the rovals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 S-Works Stumpy 29er HT-p4pb6152773.jpg  

2011 S-Works Stumpy 29er HT-p4pb6152774.jpg  

2011 S-Works Stumpy 29er HT-p4pb6152775.jpg  

2011 S-Works Stumpy 29er HT-p4pb6096794.jpg  

Last edited by jut8; 02-06-2011 at 05:51 AM.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Man, that thing is sweet. That Niner fork suits that frame perfectly! Thanks for the pics.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have a couple of questions. I've been thinking of doing this too for short track racing. Bike looks awesome, very nice.

1. The Niner forks are not tapered. How do you adapt the fork to a tapered head tube? What if you wish to switch back and forth with the Reba XX?

2.ehhh, never mind, I see that there are two different times that these photos were taken. The steerer has been cut.

mtbr member
    The Niner fork is tapered. That is what makes it easy to swap back and forth.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    am i only one noticing that the roval wheels dont have red spokes in them?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ia_ss157
    The Niner fork is tapered. That is what makes it easy to swap back and forth.
    sweet. Thanks!

mtbr member
    They aren't Roval wheels that are on the bike in the pictures. They look to be No Tube's Crest rims with American Classic hubs. The weight listed is with the Roval Carbon's and not the wheels pictured.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ia_ss157
    They aren't Roval wheels that are on the bike in the pictures. They look to be No Tube's Crest rims with American Classic hubs. The weight listed is with the Roval Carbon's and not the wheels pictured.

you wanna have a look at the last pic and then answer? those are definitely rovals, most likely Alloy EL29 not the Carbon SL29. There is something fishy with the XX brake levers as well, no?

mtbr member
    Ah gotcha yeah they sure must be Roval's. Was just looking at the first pic. Maybe they ran out of red Aerolites or someone detensioned them and installed Revolutions instead. The brakes also have something up as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Wicked looking bike!
    How does it ride with the niner fork? Is it ok when you get on rough/rocky ground? Does it change the geometry/handling? Do you like it enough to keep it on for everyday riding or will you change back to a suspension fork? Did you have any problems getting it fitted?
    Thanks