mtbr member
    Dec 2006

2011 S-Works Epic Chainguide?

I, along with my lbs, am having trouble finding a chain guide for my 2011 s-works epic 29. I'll be running a 1x10, and need a way to retain my chain on the front ring.

Jut8 said he got lucky and robbed one off an Evo, but I don't have that option. Unless you or someone you know bought an evo and changed to a 2x10 or other and has one laying around!

Lbs mentioned the blackspire dual bash guards, but I'm not sure I like the look or weight. I'd really like the E13 chain guide but the Epics press fit BB30 isn't making that option feasible right now. Apparently it's in the works, but I'm ready to get my build up on and ultimately a ride on this bad boy.

There's on option I'm considering though. Buying a MRP chainguide and just using the guide and manufacturing a mount to the fd. I know someone who manufactured a similar design for his 2010 S-works 26er.

Any other suggestions? Maybe I'm wrong and someone makes one, but if not I'd have to say why the hell not? And why can't you buy one they made for the Evo?

Thanks you

G

The Other Dude
    Have your LBS call specialized, they are selling them aftermarket, it is not on the dealer site, not even sure if there is a part number, but it can be ordered. Hopefully your shop and their rep can get one on the way for you, it should not be hard to get a hold of.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    E13 will have DMD guides in about a month.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Jut, thanks for saving the day. I'll get right on it. We're also set up on the grassroots deal, so hopefully regardless they can get me hooked up.

As for E13, I can't wait! I have a sudden urge to get this thing built and on some dry trails!

Thanks again,

G