Can't wait to see some pics!
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Good job!

oh mate come on pics asap my 26" sworks is due end of the month!!!! cant wait will be a huge change from my trail bike or 150mm hard tail!!!

rider
    That's a tease! I assume you bought the complete bike since you've discussed the carbon wheels and the Reba Brain.

PS. my DT 36 star came in the mail. I hope it works in the Specy hub. Thanks for the tip

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    This is very promising, maybe I'll see mine before the early December release date.

Slow But Still Pedaling
    I saw one in a local shop several weeks ago, and they already had a second. The wheels are astoundingly light.

Freedom Isn't Free
    Are the frame sets and carbon wheels supposed to arrive after full bikes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It appears that the whole bikes will be released prior to the framesets. Again, knowing that their are a few out there keeps my optimism high.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

anxiously awaiting pics and weights. congrats on scoring what is most likely the most sought after new bike in 2011!!!
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

Freedom Isn't Free
    I'll wait patiently for my frame and wheels...indeed good to see full S-Works bikes rolling out.

mtbr member
    Honestly, I was a bit surprised to hear it showed up as the last word I got was END of November. I really think Specialized is trying to under promise and over deliver on delivery times this year.

I'll get over there this afternoon, I promise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Let's hope youre right. I just picked my s-works carbon crankset on Monday. Just waiting for the spiders to come available then I'll have the build all prepared. I already have a Stans Crest laced to an AC from hub. Probably will go with the Crest in the rear as well. The bike is going to be ridiculous.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goneskiian
    I'll get over there this afternoon, I promise.
    What the hell is wrong with you ? The day my $9,000 bike comes in I'm coming down with a cold. F work!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    What the hell is wrong with you ? The day my $9,000 bike comes in I'm coming down with a cold. F work!
    SERIOUSLY!! go get your damn bike already you slacker!
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

Slow But Still Pedaling
    What bike(s) are you coming from? Very curious to hear a ride report. I put 20 miles or so on a demo Carbon Comp yesterday (no S-Works demo bike, sadly), and very interested in what folks are experiencing with the new fork, XX group, etc.

mtbr member
    I seen one today at the bike shop, Unreal the rims are Sweeettt just as the whole bike,

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by whybotherme

anxiously awaiting pics and weights. congrats on scoring what is most likely the most sought after new bike in 2011!!!
    Gone- I cant wait to see the "out of the box weight". I know you guys showed me the bikerumor site that showed the 21.14lb and the 23.5lb weights for a Medium. Did you get a Medium? Where did it come in that 2+lb spectrum? I know the 23.5lb quote included tubes/cage. I'm sure the bike comes out of the box with tubes, so not likely at the 21.14lb quote out of the box.

mtbr member
    what size?
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My friend picked his new S-Works 29er Epic up tonight. He is on his first ride right now.
    2011 S-Works Epic 29er

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami Scott
    PS. my DT 36 star came in the mail. I hope it works in the Specy hub. Thanks for the tip
    Keep us posted on this. My non S-Works Epic 29er frame will be here in mid-December, although its a Christmas gift so I won't get it until then. Still, I'm used to King hubs, so I'm definitely looking to at least get to 36 tooth engagement.

mtbr member
    Sorry for the delay. I got distracted by the RECORD heat we had in Seattle today. I live just a bit east (inland) and it was 78!!! I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts as we're expecting a much colder and wetter winter than normal.

Yes, I could have spent a couple hours building up a new bike but I chose to do a nice road ride instead.

Sup
    good choice
    you only get so many nice days
    not too long until Crystal Mountain is open and than you will be just skiian
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My buddy picked up his new Epic S-Works 29er last night and it weighed 21lbs 9 oz with no pedals but had Racing Ralph SnakeSkin Tires (set up tubeless), S-Works Water Bottle Cage, ESI Grips. With pedals it should be around 22.5lbs. His bike is a large.
    2011 S-Works Epic 29er

Sup
    don't forget to weigh your frame goneskiian
    you promised

SJ
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Sorry for the psych out folks!

I know my interwebs rep is going to take a huge hit but I've been told it can't come home until I make room in the garage. That's right, the CFO put her foot down. Look for an Epic Marathon on eBay next week.

I wouldn't have had this overlap had the new machine not shown up early! I guess this isn't a bad problem to have. It's good for me to get to practice some delayed gratification though (or so I'm told).

Thanks for the reminder SJ. It will take some disassembly but I think I can swing it.

Yes, I will be living up to my username this winter for sure.

Here are some teaser pics. I have a feeling someone here will get complete bike pics up before I do though. Sadly, today would have been a nice day for a ride, rain's movin' back in tomorrow.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 S-Works Epic 29er in the HOUSE!!!-library-6708.jpg  

2011 S-Works Epic 29er in the HOUSE!!!-library-6709.jpg  

2011 S-Works Epic 29er in the HOUSE!!!-library-6710.jpg  

2011 S-Works Epic 29er in the HOUSE!!!-library-6712.jpg  

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast