mtbr member
    Mar 2004

2011 S-Works Epic 29er frame color

Has anyone seen the S-Works Epic 29er yellow/carbon frameset in person???? I have one on order and I know that they supposedly haven't been produced yet but I wanted to get a more definitive idea on the color scheme. According to Specialized, it is a "Yellow and carbon" color. Looks more lime green to me. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Well, it is either that scheme or the Red/White so unless you want to look like boy racer I would stick with what you have.

What did they tell you about a delivery date???

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I agree, the yellow errr...green/carbon is much more flashy than the standard red and white. I was in CO this year for the 2011 dealer launch but they didn't have a frameset available. I'm thinking it may be the yellow that was on Ned Overend's Epic 29er he used for the Leadville 100. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlsMVa43zRo If so, that would awesome!

In terms of dates, I was given availability to be at some point in December. Doesn't really matter to me because I won't be riding it very much until the Spring. Riding a bike like that during an Upstate NY winter isn't a great idea. Let me know if you hear anything more...

mtbr member
    Sure wish I could get the yellow as a complete bike.

Edit: I just watched that video and I'm going to wager that the yellow on the production bike has more of a greenish hue. They do call it "Flo Yellow", whatever that means!

xle
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Wow. It defnitely is yellow. Lovin' it! CANNOT wait.