Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

2011 Monarch RT3 for my Enduro

So im looking into the new Monarch RT3, thing is Rockshox provides some different tunes for it, and they released this guide:

From what I see, I should go for Tune E or B for my 2009 Enduro SL, can someone confirm? Or am I way off?
    Last edited by V.P.; 11-15-2010 at 03:15 AM.

Stray Bullet
    You want the B.

The Enduro has an average ratio of 2.6 and is rising rate.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    or buy this. Not sure what price you're getting on the Monarch though.

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=97&type=products&title=%3CB%3E%3Cfont%20color=red%3ENEW!%3C/B%3E%3C/font%20color%3E%20RockShox%20Monarch%20RT3&product_id=75

mtbr member
    Thanks : ) Now here is my second question; should I go for the Standard Volume Air Can, or the High Volume Air Can version?

whats the difference?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P.
    Thanks : ) Now here is my second question; should I go for the Standard Volume Air Can, or the High Volume Air Can version?

whats the difference?

The volume, haha.

You should contact Push and speak with the owner Darren. They sell and tune the Monarch. Apparently the spring curve on this shock is great for the newer enduro. I am sure he will help you pick out the best version for your bike as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARider
    The volume, haha.

You should contact Push and speak with the owner Darren. They sell and tune the Monarch. Apparently the spring curve on this shock is great for the newer enduro. I am sure he will help you pick out the best version for your bike as well.
    For the new Enduro? Like the 2010/2011? What size Monarch would fit the new Enduro? Has anyone done this? I'm happy with my shock but I'm curious...

eBiker
    Tune P(ush).

Why guess when they give exactly what you need (any beyond the stock tunes)?

Small can for any FR.

Didn't we already discuss this?

P

Note the small print at the bottom of your graphic. 200+ mm shock = E.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So would it be worth it to sell my rp23 and upgrade to this, or just PUSH my rp23? Trying to figure out the price differences and performance differences between these 2 shocks for my 2010 Enduro.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P

Note the small print at the bottom of your graphic. 200+ mm shock = E.
    yearh, noticed that too.

PUSH says small(normal) volume can for AM on an enduro.

funny thing is that there is no normal volume can in a 200x57 shock size. At that size they come in high volume

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P.
    funny thing is that there is no normal volume can in a 200x57 shock size. At that size they come in high volume
    RockShox made spacers for their HV air shocks. The spacers filled in the outter sleeve in increments. Check with them to see if they are still available if you can't get a LV can.

P

my church is the woods
    The 2010 Enduro uses an odd length shock. it's spec is 216mm eye to eye, and 54mm stroke.

I've let all the air out of mine and compressed it, and there is still over 10mm of shaft exposed. So I'm wondering why specialized did this? My thought is that is would use full travel without ramping up because it still has a bit of air pocket left in the can, but due to the small air can, it acts different than a large volume air can through it's stroke.

Mine is the RP2-BV on the Expert. It's so soft, even with 22% sag The pro-pedal switch hardly makes a difference, and I think I'd like more compression damping. My only complaint is it feels like is sucks away so much energy bob'n away on the road sections. I plan on getting it "Pushed" to get that pro-pedal more of a platform when it's "on".

So based on the chart the OP's chart for the RockShox, I would say go with the "E" firm tune.

mtbr member
    The standard Monarch will not fit the 2010 and 2011 Enduro's as they require a proprietary eyelet for mounting it to the link. We will be offering custom Monarch replacement shocks for the 2010 and 2011 Enduro frames sometime in December that will feature this proprietary eyelet configuration. As with the current Monarch's that we offer, each will be custom built here at PUSH and will be shipped as a direct "bolt-in" configuration complete with mounting reducers.

Darren

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the response Darren. So would it make more sense to PUSH my rp23 or sell it and trade up for a Monarch? What would the differences be?

I'm with stupid
    Im also interested in this question should i have to super star out my pr23 or get a monarch for my enduro?
    Off topic are you guys going to have clinics again last year was great fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    We will be offering custom Monarch replacement shocks for the 2010 and 2011 Enduro frames sometime in December that will feature this proprietary eyelet configuration.
    thats pretty awesome news for 2010 + 2011 enduro owners

Im on a 2009 enduro sl, ive just done some more research, it appears that Rockshox abandoned the A-E "tunes", and just reduced it to "low - medium - high" tunes for 2011. Can you tell what it does? Is the low tune less linear, than the high tune?

Here is what im talking about:

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/monarch-rt3

mtbr member
    bump

mtbr member
    Thanks for the response Darren. So would it make more sense to PUSH my rp23 or sell it and trade up for a Monarch? What would the differences be?
    The Monarch offers a better spring curve as well as a larger oil capacity. These features allow for lower pressures in the shock as well as air spring. We also have additional tuning options with the Monarch due to the extra room that we're afforded with it's design. It's not to say that tuning your Float isn't a great option because it is, it's just that the new Monarch has stepped it up. Obviously, the down side of the Monarch is that it is more expensive than tuning the shock that already comes on the bike.

Off topic are you guys going to have clinics again last year was great fun.
    We'll be doing something, I just don't have the details yet.

thats pretty awesome news for 2010 + 2011 enduro owners

Im on a 2009 enduro sl, ive just done some more research, it appears that Rockshox abandoned the A-E "tunes", and just reduced it to "low - medium - high" tunes for 2011. Can you tell what it does? Is the low tune less linear, than the high tune?
    I'm actually not really familiar with the stock RS tunes as we don't get our shocks that way from them. If I was to guess based on the stock shock being a shimmed design, I would say that the characteristic of the shock force curve is the same, just shifted stiffer or softer.

Darren

I'm with stupid
    Darren,
    If you could post up on here when you are able to start filling orders for a tuned monarch for the 2010 and 2011 enduro here so people know when they can start ordering that would be great. Do you also have a line on the evo coil upgrade cause i would love one of those with a mx tune for sol vista days.

mtbr member
    Just pulled the first shock end cap off the CNC and got it bolted up....success!

First try even!

I'll have more info after this weekend.

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Monarch RT3 for my Enduro-10-enduro.jpg  

I'm with stupid
    cant wait to hear update, Looking good are you guy able to do a big hit kit on the monarch for resort days or what all are the tuning options?

eBiker
    Mmmmm. Kinky.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Good news..... Looking forward to hearing more. Any chance of mounting a ccdb on a 10/11 enduro?

mtbr member
    big news for enduro owners

mtbr member
    The standard Monarch will not fit the 2010 and 2011 Enduro's as they require a proprietary eyelet for mounting it to the link. We will be offering custom Monarch replacement shocks for the 2010 and 2011 Enduro frames sometime in December that will feature this proprietary eyelet configuration. As with the current Monarch's that we offer, each will be custom built here at PUSH and will be shipped as a direct "bolt-in" configuration complete with mounting reducers.

Darren
    Do you plan to offer a similar solution for the 2010-2011 Stumpjumper? The shock has custom mount interface, length and stroke...

Thank you

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Hey, that's my bike!

I am numero uno - hope to get out and try it today!! Thanks for hooking me up, Darren.

Just pulled the first shock end cap off the CNC and got it bolted up....success!

First try even!

I'll have more info after this weekend.

Darren
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast