Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29

    2011 Epic Expert

    Has any one taken delivery of SMALL 2011 Epic Carbon Expert? And if so, do you know what the weight is?

    I have one on order that i'm waiting for and trying to figure out what i'm going to upgrade first to bring down weight.

    I'm considering chaging shifters,breaks and casset to XX components. Upgrade Seatpost and Bars to carbon. Switch saddle to Phenom SL.
    But it all depends on what the Direct from Factory weight comes in at.


    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tillers_Rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    501
    Did the order the whole bike or just the frame?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Whole bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    I got one and I haven't weighed the bike yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thx. Did you get a size small?

  6. #6
    King of Middle Earth
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,426
    Im gonna guess: 24.8lbs to 25.0lbs...
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    25.01 lbs. 2011 Epic Expert Carbon size Small.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Not bad.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by moutainb1ker
    Has any one taken delivery of SMALL 2011 Epic Carbon Expert? And if so, do you know what the weight is?

    I have one on order that i'm waiting for and trying to figure out what i'm going to upgrade first to bring down weight.

    I'm considering chaging shifters,breaks and casset to XX components. Upgrade Seatpost and Bars to carbon. Switch saddle to Phenom SL.
    But it all depends on what the Direct from Factory weight comes in at.


    Thanks
    I was in the same position (but with a Medium). The Medium came in at just under 26lbs. The S-Works (in a medium) came in at 22lbs (both out of the box with tubes). I was really hoping to get the Expert within 2lbs of the S-Works. My plan was to upgrade to the carbon wheels on the S-Works to knock over a pound off, then upgrade some of the components to XX. I figured since the cost of the upgrade was well over $2,000, I could justify spending the extra to save the whole 4lbs. I did it on Friday . My new S-Works will be here on Tuesday. Good luck with whatever you do.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Well mine is on order and due to be in mid november. My wife found out about the upgrades when she found my bike porn . So she pulled the life support on upgrades and i have to live with the bike as is untill I can butter her up!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    136
    Let me know when it comes in what the weight is, I just ordered one a few days ago.

    But won't get it til' March or so.... (layaway plan)

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by K-OS
    Let me know when it comes in what the weight is, I just ordered one a few days ago.
    I just got the new Epic S-Works today- Medium. Out of the box I pulled the tubes, put in some Stan's, cut about an inch off each side of the bars, added a carbon bottle cage and my pedals- 21.8 lbs!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    136
    DAMN !!! What kind of pedals did you put on ?
    2011 Specialized EPIC Expert Carbon
    2012 Cannondale Flash 29er 1 (on order)

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by K-OS
    DAMN !!! What kind of pedals did you put on ?
    Time Carbon Ti off my old bike.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by granget
    I just got the new Epic S-Works today- Medium. Out of the box I pulled the tubes, put in some Stan's, cut about an inch off each side of the bars, added a carbon bottle cage and my pedals- 21.8 lbs!
    Photos?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    On the stans did you use the stans tape and strip or only the tape? I just ordered new crank brothers candy 11 pedals and a carbon bottle holder as well for mine. Even though i dont have it yet.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by --Andy--
    Photos?
    2011 Epic Expert-photo1.jpg

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

    Are Those Roval Control ALs or the Traverse?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29


  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    40
    That's a nice bike!!!!!!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: goneskiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,390
    Them there be wagon wheels!

    Those are the Roval Control SL 29 X-12 142+ wheels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •