mtbr member
    Sep 2010

2011 Enduro S-Works Headset Question

So my friend inherited a nice S-Works frame but knows nothing about building a bike so I told him i'd try and piece it together with him. I've built a couple bikes but i'm in no way knowledgeable, and i'm already confused on the headset.

I got top handled, just confused on bottom.

This is what I have for the bottom that came off the bike (see pic), not sure why they took it out so want to make sure it's correct. Are these the only three pieces I need? Doesn't look right/fit together so wondering if i'm missing something.

I also want to use a tapered to straight steerer race adapter/reducer (got a set of forks cheap w/a straight steerer tube) so i'm assuming that will just replace the race in the pic on bottom?

Thx for any help or pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Enduro S-Works Headset Question-20130912_025152.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18
    I drink a Mountain Dew Monster energy cocktail while doing lines of cocaine while setting my hinter regions on fire.

1:18
    The parts are correct and that's all you need. Specialized also has a PDF fiile somewhere on their website with part # if you want to use 1 1/8 fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for the heads up on the PDF. I included a link to the Specialized manuals. It's under "Fork-Head Tube/Fork Compatibility Guide" in case anyone ever needs it.

Specialized Bicycle Components
    I drink a Mountain Dew Monster energy cocktail while doing lines of cocaine while setting my hinter regions on fire.

1:18
    FYI, Cane Creek does have bottom cups that fit. IS44, available in 1 1/5 and 1 1/8.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sorry if i'm an idiot but all I would need to do is replace the stock race I have in pic w/something like these correct? Then I can run the straight 1-1/8 fork?

FSA Integrated Crown Race Reducer > Components > Headsets and Spacers > Crown Races | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Chris King 1.5-1 1/8 Reducing Crown Race > Components > Headsets and Spacers > Crown Races | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop