mtbr member
    Dec 2007

2011 Enduro Expert

Hi everyone,

So, I just purchased my first Specialized bike - a 2011 Enduro Expert.

I like the way it rides and being my first Specialized bike - I'm liking the change.

I bought the bike stock, so I'm already thinking about some component upgrades in the near future. The bike weights in at 31lbs.

With the component upgrade that I have in mind; I want to achieve two things: get the bike to 29 lbs, and have more flexibility when adjusting some of the components (especially the fork).

I'm thinking of upgrading the fork first, and the wheels set later.

So, I'd like to get some fork and wheel recommendations from some of you.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Upgrades

I'd do the wheelset for SURE. Always too weak on most bikes.

You want to change out the float??? Killer fork, I wouldn't (no offense). If you are thinking travel adjust, from what I have heard it is more of a burden due to the BB. Too low on climbs.

Big Hittin'
    i would leave the fork. nuthing wrong wit it.

the bike is setup pretty well stock. mine the lyrik with travel adjust and i never use it. the bike rips out of the box.

i put the specialized demo bar and raceface respond stem on, handles much better. other than that only plans i have for it are dh tires, coil shock and mayby dh dampening for my fork.

enjoy it
    29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for your suggestions guys.

As for the wheels, I have Mavic Crossmax on my other bike (Intense Tracer). I was planning going the same way, but I'd have to see if that model works for the Enduro.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Which Crossmax?

mtbr member
    Need to lose 900g

Both 20mm TA wheels
    Stock Roval Traverse AL Disc 1725g http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=57759
    Crossmax ST 1615g
    Easton Havens 1450g

Put a XX cassette on might get you 100g
    put on 160 mm rotors
    XX brakes while your at it
    CF bars
    Thomson Seatpost
    put on some 2.1 tires

Are we over 2k in upgrades yet?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i just ordered a enduro evo and decided to try a talas fork due to some fo the trails i ride have some long serious hills. I looked into what it would take to get this bike into the high 20's lbs but decided if i needed a lighter bike i should have bought the stumpjumper evo. the rims im looking at for that bike are actually heavier than the stocks. looks like my bike is gong to be in the 32-33 range oh well. looks like i better start hitting up some spin classes