mtbr member
    May 2006

2011 Enduro Evo info?

This bike is very tempting to me. I was hoping to get a few questions answered about this bike.

How much does a medium Enduro Evo weigh? I thought I read somewhere that it's around 33-34 pounds, but wasn't sure of the frame size.

If the 33-34 pounds is true where is the extra weight coming from compared to the Expert?
    Also, what could be done to drop to the 30-31 pound range without sacrificing to much money or strength?

How well does this thing handle climbs? Will I be disappointed coming from a FS KHS XC 604? Will I get dusted by my buddies(of similar skill) on their XC bikes (on climbs)?

Thanks in advance!

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Replace the heavier coil shock with an air unit. Simples!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Other than that.
    Last edited by wakebrdr142; 02-08-2011 at 09:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    See: 2011 Enduro EVO

Without pedals 33.08 (M). I just converted it to tubeless, next is SRAM XX cassette (if it's durable) then carbon bars which will drop .7-.8lbs.

I dont know your bike but if it's an XC yes you'll get dusted in climbs so target the non EVO. Other than the above you will sacrifice what the bike is designed to do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I bought a evo due to the color scheme of the bike. The bike was 33.04 with the coil suspension and 31 after I switched it to the air suspension. The command post is worth about a pound or so. This bike will not climb as fast as your buddies even with air suspension. This bike is a real all mountain bike, not a trail bike with long travel like a trek remedy which might fit you better.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Good info. I will keep my xc bike for it's purpose. I'm not trying to replace the XC with an Enduro, just wanting something I can really have some fun on. I'm not looking for something i can smoke it to the top of the hill. I just want to be able to make it to the top of the hill. I was reading about the IBIS Mojo HD being a descent climber but I really don't feel like fighting it out with my wife for a bike that steep$.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I would get a enduro expert and call it a day. Its a bike you will have a crap load of fun with. I have a sj fsr 29er expert so that is what I kept for a trail bike/xc bike for the days I feel like being ricky racer lol