mtbr member
    Jul 2007

2010 Stumpy HT Carbon 29er Sizing ( 19 in or 21 in?)

Hello Gents,

Sifting though the form I don't seam to be alone with the Size dilemma.

I have a Stumpjumper FSR 08 XL which fits my specs. ( 63 / 34in inseam) fine. Now I would like to upgrade my HT to a 2010 Stumpjumper HT 29er Carbon Expert.

It's my first 29er, but intuition would tell me I need the 21inch setup. However, I have heard from a number of sources that claim even at 63`` many riders are opting for the 19inch size. Even a fitting session at the local dealer has left me uncertain.

Of course it comes down to personal preference and body geometry, but it would be great to hear feedback from others in the form that have already been down this trail.

Thanks

The Other Dude
    I am 5'10 with a 33" inseam and I ride a 19" if that helps any. The bike seems to fit me great, just a guess, but I would think you would want at 21"
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    i'm 6'1" and ride the 19" but two of my teamies are 6'2" and 6'3" and also go the 19". the
    6'3" guy went from 21" anthem to a 19" stumpy ht 29er. i think it is going to be which one feels best.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    just under 6'2 and i have a 36" riding inseam.

ordered a 21" s-works ss 29er frameset but ended up cancelling the order.

however, the 25" tt and the rest of the geo is almost identical the my quiring ti ss 29er.

i think i may still order one, but just put it off for a few months....and when i do, i'll be getting the 21" frame with 25" tt without a doubt.
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle