mtbr member
    Feb 2007

2010 Stumpy FSR... Which one?

I got to ride the 2010 Stumpy FSR Elite. Trying to decide between this and the Expert. Mostly it seems like the shock is the major diff. Forks are the same.

Is it worth it for the extra $$$?
    I am on a budget.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    To be honest i don't think you could make a bad decision on this one,they both look amazing and seem to be getting good reviews,try them both see how they compare brain vs triad.if your on a budget (not that the elite is a cheap bike) go with that,if you can stretch the cash go for the expert,the beauty of the brain is no lever fiddling you basically set and forget.

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    I've owned SJs with the Triad and the Brain. The place where the brain has the edge is in pedalling out of the saddle. If you ride trails that have a lot of short steep climbs where you have to pedal hard out of the saddle, then the brain is a clear winner. If your trails are more rolling and flowing or the climbs are longer and are usually done seated, then the Triad will do a great job there.

Have only ridden the new brain design on an 2010 Epic demo ride and it works very well. Broad range of adjustment and instant action. Now that Fox is back handling production the new shock should be very durable.

Just comes down to whether you can swing the cash difference. If your budget won't allow it, you can feel confident in going with the Triad shock.