mtbr member
    May 2005

2010 stumpjumper or RH SL pro?

My 2007 stumper was stolen about a year ago and I am now in a position to buy another bike. The two bikes are priced similar with similar components. I rode both of them and honestly, they feel the same. In the long run, which do you guys thing would be a better buy. I normally do light cross country and alot of commuting. Yes i know, I should get a cheaper bike but i like the components and the weight. I have done a search and came up short. Thank you in advance.

Religion = Non-thinking
    u talking about the base SJ w/ rim brakes? do u want rim brakes... lol

the fox fork and the reba are a toss up, pretty much the same in performance and weight, some may say the reba is the better fork...

m5 frame should be a bit lighter...
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    May 2005
    lol, I really dont care for the brakes. I have a set of mono minis that I ordered a day before my bike was stolen. I actually found a thread on this subject and Im reading it now. Thanks

Religion = Non-thinking
    and btw let me know if u have any questions about the 2010 RH PRo, i have it and my cousin has the SJ Comp
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thank you. since you have first hand experience with both i have some questions. Are they the same size? Which bike is lighter? Is the sj really agressive? component wise, which do you feel is better?

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by ek9jdmhb
    Thank you. since you have first hand experience with both i have some questions. Are they the same size? Which bike is lighter? Is the sj really agressive? component wise, which do you feel is better?
    i believe their geometry is a little different, and so are the sizes, you'll need to ride both.

the SJ comes with a more aggressive leaned fwd position with flat handlebar, the RH is still kind of aggressive, but with a riser bar.

components wise they are very similar, i'll get back to you on the complete breakdown. Are you talking about the BASE SJ or the SJ Comp?

the reba and the low end fox fork is a toss-up, RS may have better customer service. and the fork models are pretty much identical, the fox is a TAD lighter, but not much to take into account the dual air adj. of the reba. lock on grips with the SJ; similar wheels and the SJ has a slightly better drivetrain. let me know if u have any specific Q;s
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    you just gotta ride both and see what would suit you better. i really like my SJ comp, it could take some abuse and so far has not let me down. I have on order a thomson seatpost and a selle slr saddle. my stock seat is kinda killing me. If all you do is commuting, the RH SL Pro is more than enough.
    2010 SJ Comp

Religion = Non-thinking
    the weight difference between the two is more than half a pound, but less than 1. the weight is (i would guess) mostly in the wheels. but some weight savings are due to the SJ's: m5frame, flat handlebar, saddle, carbon spaces

and wth hook me up with a saddle!
    RH SL Pro