The Other Dude

2010 Specialized wheels....tubeless...and more

For 2010, specialized is doing something really cool with all of the DT and Roval wheels (this is not new for Roval though) they are all coming pre-taped from the factory to be tubeless, and the tubeless valve stems are coming in all the parts boxes I thought this was pretty darn cool and exciting. All you need to do is pull your tube, install the stem throw in your favorite tubeless brew and you are good to go!

One more thing, A LOT more of the product that comes on Specialized bikes are going to be available aftermarket, like forks, bars, etc....

And, they are offering Carbon Comp models on some bikes that hit a sweet price point.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    As long as they don't have s-works tires on them the tubless deal is pretty cool.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    As long as they don't have s-works tires on them the tubless deal is pretty cool.
    Amen to that!
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

I DON'T avoid rocks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

It is pretty cool.

Add $1000 to the msrp and send some packing tape and a little piece of a tube. innovate or die.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    Add $1000 to the msrp and send some packing tape and a little piece of a tube. innovate or die.
    Actually most of FSR and Stumpy hardtail models dropped significantly in price, and the trickle down technology on the bikes makes their pricing pretty darn aggressive.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Lower pressure.

Try the S-Works tires tubless with low pressure. Around 25 p.s.i. However this doesn't work for everybody. Some people are just way harder on tires then others.
    You can also try S-works up front and Control in the rear. If your looking to lite-n up. The rear just seams to get more abuse.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Actually most of FSR and Stumpy hardtail models dropped significantly in price.
    Can you post your source for that claim?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yeah

2004 S works epic $4000 @ msrp.
    2009 S-works epic $8800 @ msrp.
    2010 S-works epic _____ @ msrp

I left you a blank to fill in.

Seriously I think its a good idea to send the bikes tubeless ready as most riders are riding them tubeless. I just think bike prices need to chill out a little. Its a bike not a freaking space shuttle.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    I just think bike prices need to chill out a little. Its a bike not a freaking space shuttle.
    Preach it Brotha!
    It does seem the industry has jumped prices too fast in the last few years. I hope they stablize soon. Just my .02

Members who have read this thread: 0