Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

2010 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Pro FSR

Picked it up yesterday. Due to the tropical storm that is tearing through the mid-atlantic I haven't ridden it yet - but it is making my gym look a lot better for now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Pro FSR-spec2.jpg  

mtbr member
    man that's sexy
    Custom Built Caletti Steel Road Bike
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

master blaster
    the red is soo good!

mtbr member
    what size is it and what does it weigh?

Religion = Non-thinking
    the first thing you may need to do is warranty your avid brakes, incase you weren't aware theres a howling/vibrating issue with elixirs...

great bike tho, whats the size and weight on it? any upgrades coming?
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks a bunch for the heads up on the Elixir brakes. The bike is a medium, I am 6' / 180#. I put on a 90MM stem, replacing the 75MM it came with and it seems to fit perfect. Yes - the red is beautiful, a bit of a burnt tint to it. I put on some old SPDs I had and (as you can see in the picture) some short little bar ends. Haven't weighed it yet, but I am expecting 26# "wet". I'll start thinking about goodies when my wife seems to forget about the number she sees on the Mastercard statement....

mtbr member
    Wow - you're 6' and you got a medium? I'm 6'2" 190 and I have a XL on order. I have a long torso and like to be spread out...but the medium seems like it would be a bit stubby - no?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I heard some surprise from others as well about the medium at 6' - but I had ridden another 09 Stumpie FSR this summer (again with a 90mm stem) and it had a perfect cockpit with the swept seatpost.
    We'll see after I get some riding in, but right now it seems like the right size to have ordered because the darn thing just feels big even sitting on it.
    It's not an apples-to-apples, but a friend of mine in Boulder is 6'5" and fits his XL M5 Marathon perfect.

mtbr member
    That thing is red hot...I can't belive there is only 6 replys to this thread.....CF.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Oh how i wish i had one of them bikes...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    That is a great looking bike! The red highlights are sweet. Look forward to hearing some feedback on the ride. Haven't seem much on the new SJ suspension design - should be a beast!

XC Rider
    I am 6'-2" with a 34" inseam and wanted to pull the trigger on a 29" expert but that frame makes me want to ride another 26" bike again! Man what a decision! That thing is sweeeet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Hope

OK I can tell you this much - that is the most ridiculous trailbike I have ever ridden on. Rock solid, accelerates like a scalded cat. Just be careful on the jumps. Hit a whoop, went a LOT farther than I expected, crashed and am in ICU a day later with a concussion. Ill survive to ride again soon, but sometimes Ya gotta pay to play.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Farvin
    OK I can tell you this much - that is the most ridiculous trailbike I have ever ridden on. Rock solid, accelerates like a scalded cat. Just be careful on the jumps. Hit a whoop, went a LOT farther than I expected, crashed and am in ICU a day later with a concussion. Ill survive to ride again soon, but sometimes Ya gotta pay to play.
    Heal up quick! And replace the helmet as I am sure you know!

But we all want to know, is the bike ok?

Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That bike is to nice looking to use,to think a scratch on that machine. just hang it on the wall and admire love the red touches,don't think it will be long before the lure of the bike will have you riding again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for the sentiments guys. Got home early this afternoon and my head is finally starting to clear. The bike and wheels seem to be fine, which is amazing considering the distance I went and the angle I augered in at. This isn't me, but it's the same idea at around 2:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Po-1O_vnU

I easily could have snapped a steerer or headtube on another "light" bike. I guess it's a testament to the huge carbon tubes and junction with the downtube. Jake83 - the bike is so gorgeous in real life I should buy another one to hang up and just look at as you suggest. It's that amazing.

I will be riding again soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    This bike is amazing!
    Are you back on the ride?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleSpeed
    Wow - you're 6' and you got a medium? I'm 6'2" 190 and I have a XL on order. I have a long torso and like to be spread out...but the medium seems like it would be a bit stubby - no?
    I think it really depends on what you are looking for/ you rriding style. I always ride a size down. I'm 6'3" and ride a med. sx trail and large enduro. However, in the stumpjumper I go XL for better climbing abilities and overall more XC feel. The XL stumpjumper is a big bike but for me it is faster than the large in all terrain. I am so anal I owned both sizes at once to make sure.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Farvin,

Man if you are doing jumps like the Youtube video maybe the Stumpy might be over it's head.
    Nice bike though. Lose any short term memory with the bump on your head?
    Years ago, my friend who was recently married, went over on his trials bike and couldn't remember if he was married. We had to keep telling him he was and who his wife was. Five minutes later he would ask the same question again.
    Last edited by sideup; 12-17-2009 at 06:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yeah, wow it has been a pretty wild couple of weeks. After I got out of the ICU, the tally was: a skull fracture / brain hemmorage and concussion. Imagine if I wasn't wearing a helmet... a torn patella tendon, a torn rotator cuff, three separated ribs, some organ damage and other miscellaneous lost skin and cracked things. I really didn't intend to hit the jump that hard, it just *happened* that way. The brain damage (mostly left temporal lobe) definitely affected my speech, balance and memory. I basically don't remember anything from the first two weeks after it happened.
    The crown on the bike was bent, I think the shop said about 4 degrees back. The new crown and steerer should be here any day, so when the neuro doc clears me for off-roading again the ride will be ready. Can't wait - I am going mental being off the bike for a month.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Farvin,

That's quite an extensive list for one auger in. Assume you just had a regular bike helmet on? No full face - down hill type helmet.
    Your right, that helmet saved you. Good luck with the healing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yeah I know - I was pretty surprised at all the stuff that broke too, but I guess that's what I get for being almost 40 and acting like I'm still 16!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Farvin
    Yeah I know - I was pretty surprised at all the stuff that broke too, but I guess that's what I get for being almost 40 and acting like I'm still 16!
    HOLY CRIPE! I didn't know you were that banged up!

Glad to hear you are recovering! As much as you miss the bike, take time healing!

Chris

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice bike. I'm looking at this one and an 08' Stumpjumper S-Works. Decisions, decisions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Good job!

Thanks for the props guys - getting a little better every day.

As far as this bike vs the 08 - good luck with your decision FL_Andy. I thought about an older Stumpie too, and the premium for a 2010 is steep, but the bike still just spoke to me in a way that I gad to go for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast