Using No Way as Way...
    Mar 2010

2010 Specialized FSRxc Expert

Hey guys and gals, wanted to share pics of my new bike i got just a few of days ago. I also own a 2003 Jamis Dakar Sport that I've beat to death, so I'm very excited about my new acquisition. I've been cruising through here for a few months, checking out reviews, products/techie stuff and member photos. please let me know what y'all think (minus replacing the x-fusion ) sounds like this is the place to be...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Nice bike! I like that color. I doubt you will need to replace the X-fusion immediately. Ride it until it blows up (if it ever does) then replace it. There are definitely worse shocks out there to have. Now go get that thing dirty!

Using No Way as Way...
    Mar 2010
    thx, i like the color alot too. it was between this gold flake and a white/gray combo.

i've been looking on ebay for a replacement rear shock, but strictly just looking. i replaced my stock shock on my jamis last year with a fox float R (pushed) and the thing is awesome. but youre right, i think i'll ride it till it blows or for at least this season.

cheers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Great colour that, talking about the x-fusion - what does the RC have over the RLA. I can't find my manual

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    that is a nice bike....whats the length of that x-fusion?

Using No Way as Way...
    Mar 2010
    i think 7.5 x 1.75.

asta - not sure what the diff between the two are. hopefully someone else can chime in and drop some knowledge.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    i think the RLA means rebound, and lockout....my fsr xc comp has the X Fusion 02RLA its 7"x1.6".....i want to upgrade the the fox rp23 7.5"x2", but there is a 1/2" difference in size.....im trying to figure out if i put it on my bike and adjust the travel on my forks up to 120 or 130mm if it would equal out the geometry on the bike...do you have any input??

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    You can get a Fox RP2 with pro pedal from Chainreaction for 100 and get it pushed to reduce the length so that it will fit.

The longer length results in the pivot/swingarm fouling the frame

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Theres a couple of guys in this thread that have changed the shock to an RP2.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Sorry but I'm new to all this stuff. What do you mean push? So that can shorten the length and stroke? Who does this ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KMAGRIZZ
    Sorry but I'm new to all this stuff. What do you mean push? So that can shorten the length and stroke? Who does this ?
    In the UK Tftuned are the people to go to i think.

http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/push_fox_rear.aspx

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    How does that work do I just need a 71/2" x 2" shock and send it off to get it pushed to a 7"x 1.6" ?

mtbr member
    read below please regarding the rear shock questions. hope it helps.

nice ride by the way!

I Hate This Shock... Help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I just talked to a rep at push industries, and he told me in a month or two they will have two models of rockshox to replace the specialized 7"x1.6" shock. My problems are solved

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I just talked to a rep at push industries, and he told me in a month or two they will have two models of rockshox to replace the specialized 7"x1.6" shock. My problems are solved
    That's excellent, I'll be keeping my eye out for them. Hopefully the price wont be too steep.

Using No Way as Way...
    Mar 2010
    nm. didnt know the comp shock was 7 x 1.6.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    08 fsr xc comp

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice ride!

Using No Way as Way...
    Mar 2010
    08 fsr xc comp
    gotcha