mtbr member
    Feb 2007

2010 SJ S-Works Carbon HT Frame Weight/Size

Hey there!

Just looking for the weights of the frame itself or the complete bike to give a sense of how much my build will weigh.

I will probbaly get 19" frame, possibly 21". I'm 6'3" so I will have to see, my current bike is 21" HT. Any recommendations?

Just swapping most parts over, which is full XTR ('09+) and Mavic 819 w/ Hope Pro 2.

Thank You and Happy Halloween!

**Read second post for more info.
    Last edited by iRoNeTiK; 10-30-2009 at 02:39 PM.

mtbr member
    I have a complete bike on order. I thought it would arrive today. I am getting the 19", i think you would need the next size up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by worthy_4242
    I have a complete bike on order. I thought it would arrive today. I am getting the 19", i think you would need the next size up.
    Hey man!

How tall are you again? 6'? I'll go into my LBS and see if they have a complete bike in to get fitted. Are you getting the 26" or the 29"? How much you pick it up for? Retails for $6100, the 26" frame is $2200. Get me some hookups

Seems like a wait to get one of these huh? I'll probably order the frame in a month or two along with a new front & rear derailleur (my XTR RD is 9 yrs old) , rear wheel and rear hydraulic brake. The rest of the parts I can transfer and are already XTR. Other concern is: My current Headtube height on my 21" Schwinn Moab is ~160mm (and I got several spacers on top of that) with the 21" SJ HT height being 165mm so it looks I can transfer over my SID Race, thank god

BTW, I called Specialized and asked about the weight and they had it. The guy said 3 lb 3 ounces, about 1446 grams. I assume this is for the medium (17") and includes seatpost, BB, and headset since that's what you get when you buy the frame separately, but who knows, be nice if this is true.

Now what color I should get? Carbon or Team Red/White?

Carbon:
    http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/.../7705-01_l.jpg

Team Red/White:
    http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/.../7705-02_l.jpg

I like the looks of the carbon, that is what the complete bike comes with but the Team Red/White would be more unique since that color is only available if you only buy the frame. Both will work with my current color scheme on my Schwinn which is Red/White. I got Red Hope Pro II's Hubs and Red/Black SDG saddle with white/red jagwire housing, White SID Fork w/ red decals and Panaracer XC PRO 2.1 Red tires F/R.

mtbr member
    pm sent