mtbr member
    Mar 2014

2010 SJ Fox Triad upgrade advice, can I go rp23s?

Hi, got a 2010 SJ elite with the rear Fox Triad shock that I'd like to upgrade. I've been searching for the past hour or so trying to find information.

This is what I've found that I think is true. Because it's a 2010, I've got a stupid proprietary rear linkage that seems specific for that year and that they changed in 2011. Is this true?

I've read that a good upgrade would be to a rp23s, I saw a write-up on a 2011 where it was a direct replacement. But I've got a 2010 so do I have an option for a direct replacement? I'm a dummy when it comes to technical stuff on a bike but I can turn a wrench on a car so I'd really like to have a direct replacement.

The other possible option that I've read is sending it in to Push Industries and they do some sort of upgrade that I'm not quite clear on. And with spring on, I'm not willing to not ride for a month but this could be an option next winter.

Sorry for the long post, but I'd really like someone to spell it out for me in layman's terms.

Thanks!

Wes

mtbr member
    2010-2014 use the same type of shock mount.
    it is a very easy swap, you just need to find a shock. The best option is the 2014 CTD off the 2013/14 evo model, but the 2012 rp23s is nice too. Your local spesh dealer should be able to get you one, and SRAM is releasing a Monarch option real soon that will bolt up.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks for the info. Surprising how unhelpful the local dealers are when I start asking but one said they would get back to me. I'll keep calling around.

I'm assuming that a CTD from 29er would not be the same and have the correct stroke length, correct?

Also, I don't know anything about the Monarch, how would that compare to the CTD?

Thanks!