mtbr member

Smile 2010 S works 29er Hardtail

I just picked mine up yesterday. This bike is very nice. It weighed in at 21.7 lbs with pedals and tubes. I have since taken out the tubes but i haven't had a chance to weigh it again. I will give a fully ride report once I get done this weekend.

First impressions were the cranks are AWESOME looking and the bottom bracket is the size of a sherman tank. I am also impressed by the XX stuff.

I will post pictures too. ;

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Congrats on the new ride. Wondering about the standover of the HT models with upwardly curved TT I can't get the numbers to work out for the size frame compared to others. So if you could tell me your size and inseam it would help me in my decision. LBS doesn't carry much stock. Looking forward to pics.

The Other Dude
    yes, we need pic's!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroS
    Congrats on the new ride. Wondering about the standover of the HT models with upwardly curved TT I can't get the numbers to work out for the size frame compared to others. So if you could tell me your size and inseam it would help me in my decision. LBS doesn't carry much stock. Looking forward to pics.
    the TT is higer then their 26er bikes, atleast for my 08 epic and my 08 stumpjumper when i had it. It's not allot higher, but i can sit / rest my leg on it a bit more. I have a 19" i think my inseam is in the 31-32 range
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the info. '07 SJ doesn't compare and the geo is way different than my SS Vassago.

mtbr member
    weather is rolling in right now but i am still going out tomorrow. i don't know what is worth waiting for your new bike or having your new bike in the garage and waiting for a weekend.

mtbr member
    Good meeting you and hope we can ride together soon! Post some pictures of that beast! I'm so jealous...

/D

mtbr member
    Good meeting you too. i just took some photos but i haven't figured out how to load them yet. i will post later on tonight. it was nice and wet up there today. I love skeggs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshS
    the TT is higer then their 26er bikes, atleast for my 08 epic and my 08 stumpjumper when i had it. It's not allot higher, but i can sit / rest my leg on it a bit more. I have a 19" i think my inseam is in the 31-32 range
    How tall are you?

mtbr member
    5'-11" - 6'
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    i am 6 foot too. the large is a perfect size. I am very happy with this bike. I am not fast enough for this bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Damn, Yesterday picked up a 29-er S-works frame HT. Black carbon version. The weight is stunning. Got in at 1224 grams in 19" size! including derr hanger and without seatclamp (clamp is 17 grams). No headset or bracket bearings mounted.
    I'm surprised by the weight.
    Are there any lighter 29-er frame out there right now?
    If You want Plush, Buy a Couch...
    If you want to go Fast, Buy a 29er