mtbr member
    Oct 2009

2010 pitch pro questions and suggestions please

So for starters I just ordered a new 2010 Specialized Pitch Pro in green and black and got a smokin deal on it I think???I got it for $1300 but a guy at the lbs gave me an option to switch out the pike 351 for a bomber 55ata for an additional $100.Is it worth the few extra bucks.Also I am a big guy at 6'2" and 290lbs.So the bike will be stock but are there any weak points worth upgrading while they build it for me???Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ron

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'd stick with the Pikes.

The wheels and cranks may be the weakest points but you don't necessarily need to upgrade anything. Best ride it and see.

Kid In The Helmet
    I agree with Asta... wheel-set will probably need to be replaced. I am 6'0 230 and I couldn't keep the stock wheels true on my Pitch. I upgraded to Mavic XM819s with Chris King hubs, but there are many options out there for a strong wheel-set. Keep the pike and just upgrade to the stiff coil, it's really pretty cheap and will make the fork work well for you. Also, it's an easy piece to replace.

I have not replaced the cranks on my bike, but it is on the list of upgrades for the future.

hope this helps
    Ride Hard & Don't Get Dead!