Fat Skis/Fat Tires

2010 HR Sport Disc Hub Size?

135mm or 150mm?

My kid has just started getting into racing, and is surprisingly freaking good. He's already outgrown his HR that he's had for about a month and a half, but I'm trying to make it work until I can get him something better suited to his needs.

He just taco'd his rear rim, so I'm looking at replacing his wheelset with some Azonic Outlaws since they're strong and cheap. I was thinking 150mm was more of a FR/DH rear end, but not entirely sure. Are most bikes 150mm?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/156...w-Wheelset.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 HR Sport Disc Hub Size?-hr.jpg  

cougarbait
    it's going to be 125 for sure
    also, unless your little racer weighs 300 pounds or is taking 8 foot hucks on the daily, those wheels are just dead weight... lots of rotating dead weight. (I had them on two different bikes, never again)
    get him some clipless pedals
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdamaster
    it's going to be 125 for sure
    also, unless your little racer weighs 300 pounds or is taking 8 foot hucks on the daily, those wheels are just dead weight... lots of rotating dead weight. (I had them on two different bikes, never again)
    get him some clipless pedals
    Yeah, just by doing a little more searching I found out that 135 is the standard. I probably should have known that.

My dilemma is what to do about the rim; it's irreparable. The whole bike only cost $500, so throwing much more than $100 at this problem would be ridiculous.

Suggestions?

cougarbait
    invest in a decent pair of wheels that you can always put on another bike if he upgrades in the future
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

Religion = Non-thinking
    i agree, if u were to "spoil" him with some nicer wheels like the DT Swiss 4.2 D rims + XT Hubs they's be easily transferable to his new bike... then he'd have 2 sets of wheels for his new bike, and then u can get a crappy cheapo set for this old hardrock and use it as a guest bike or a backup
    RH SL Pro