mtbr member
    Oct 2010

2010 FSR XC Pro Issues ?

Has anyone else suffered problems with their 2010 FSR XC Pro - I've had the bike just on 6 months and whilst I love the bike and trail riding where it handles brilliantly, I have had a list of issues/breakages/damage :- rear shock total failure and lever locking mid-adjustment, dried out rear cassette, top of the front disk rotor touching the top of the inner caliper housing, more punctures than I've had in riding bikes in 30 years and now a rear spoke has broken next to the nipple whilst I was on the road with no signs of damage or bending to the wheel.
    I have claimed all bar one on warranty through the shop (a 30 expense on the rear shock due to stone ?? dents on the piston); though want to check if this is the norm, or if I have bought a pup, or if Specialized have reduced component quality due to meeting a price ?? Views would be helpful please, thanks

banned
    Apr 2010
    Get out of the sport. It is not for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Thanks

Yeah, thanks Junktrunk, I appreciate the welcome to the sport ! Anyone else have some sensible responses please ?

Bike Addiction
    Just sounds like a terrible run of bad luck. I had the same problems with flats. The tires may be a little thin for your area terrain. Ask your LBS to recommend some tires or go tubeless. I went with heavier tires and had better luck. Not a fan of tubeless but alot are.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

banned
    Apr 2010
    Lube your cassette

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yeah, Welcome I guess your a bit disapointed with your bike and the stuff going wrong but most bikes are built for a price and riding on mtb tracks requires alot of maintance of your bike, everything on your bike is put under alot more stress than just road riding, stuff will break you'll get flats, your forks and rear shock will need servicing every year or depending on how smooth your ride maybe even 6 months, I strip my bike down every weekend or every other weekend (sunday nites) if I'm to busy and check most moving parts clean them and re lube them, so far I've been lucky and have not broke anything yet, but everyone gets flats and stuff breaks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yup, sounds like a terrible run of bad luck, but dried out cassette? Ok, now who ever told you that is pulling your leg. Since your bike is new, every bike shop that sells a bike that I've been to offers a free 30 day tune up, because everyone knows parts settle after being used for the first time, cables stretch, and alignments get banged into their sweet spots. Once done I've had bikes run fine for a whole season. Some of your problems are from the assembly done at the bike shop. Lousy shops slap them together like walmart. The good ones take the time to fine tune your bike before you're off and coach you a little bit.