Thread: 2010 Epic Comp

mtbr member

2010 Epic Comp

I have a chance to get a good deal on a 2010 Epic comp. Anybody riding one and can you tell me what you like or don't like about it? I am torn between getting the Stumpjumper comp or the epic. From what I read unless you will be doing hard core downhill or jumping the Epic should be fine for most cross country riding. Any feedback would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I just bought same bike Tuesday. Came from a 2008 Specialized XC FSR. I took my first ride yesterday. So far what stands out is the brain works well (will take some getting used to) but it climbs like a monster and I feel like I can hammer out of the corners like I'm on rails. The brakes are a huge improvement over my Juicy 3s. So far very impressed. The best part was the price. I love model year changes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I was torn between the Epic Comp & Stumpy but opted for the Epic back in May and have been very pleased with my choice. I was replacing a stolen 2005 Stumpy FSR with 100mm travel so the Epic was closer in geometry, I live in Belgium where the local terrain is flattish and ride XC so donīt need 130mm plus travel. The riding position is pretty aggressive but the bike goes like a rocket uphill and on the flat. I quite like active suspension and the Brain takes a little getting used to but I now find Iīm using the firmer settings as I appreciate the increased responsiveness when rear suspension isnīt needed.

Iīve swapped cranks (for XT), bar & seatpost for carbon alternatives, mainly out of vanity but also to shave a little weight. Found the Phenom saddle too hard even after wearing in and have a Selle Italia SLR XC. All in all, love the bike but feel the Stumpy Comp would have been a great buy too.