Rep Power Infinity +2

2010 enduro rear brake rub when cornering

Hi Guys

Does anyone else have this problem and what is the simple fix.

I have bled my brakes and realigned my caliper so when going in a straight line, everything is sweet. Start cornering or snaking down the track and brake will rub on the rotor when turning left or right.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Loosen up the brakes a little bit or check for rear wheel flex. Those are the only things I can think of.

mtbr member
    I had the same issue with my Pitch, upgraded to a 10mm hadley axle and bolt on drop outs. No more squeel. A 9mm QR is definitely not the way to go on a bike meant to see action.

I couldn't find a pic on of the Hadley version since their website sucks so much, here is a pic of the DT Swiss version. My conversion cost about $55 USD and was definitely worth every dollar.

nothing witty here...

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s
    I had the same issue with my Pitch, upgraded to a 10mm hadley axle and bolt on drop outs. No more squeel. A 9mm QR is definitely not the way to go on a bike meant to see action.

I couldn't find a pic on of the Hadley version since their website sucks so much, here is a pic of the DT Swiss version. My conversion cost about $55 USD and was definitely worth every dollar.

I've been waiting for about 9 months to do this conversion, but Chris King has been out of the 10x135mm axles for almost a year! Websites are quoting 1/28/11 for availability...can't wait to ditch the POS 9mm QR.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    Thanks for the advice guys

So I assume then that the brake rub is just from frame flex because the 9mm skewer cannot exert enough force to keep the wheel perfectly stable plus the pads are always pretty close to the rotors anyway

Bike's hmmm nice
    Had the same last week. Somehow my baringcups got loose. Don't know how that happened, but a little tune job and it was fine. I'm very interested in that 10mm set up. Might check that out soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I had similar problem...One of the FSR linkage bolts was loose, the one closest to the derailleur.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    This is all excellent info guys. I'll give the linkages etc a once over on the weekend

Thanks