mtbr member
    Dec 2006

2010 Enduro Pro Carbon

Well my enduro finally got here yesterday, after spending most of the night and a while this morning I finally have it all set up and ready to go. Out of the box- minus pedals, it came in at 27.5 lbs complete, after adding some proper bars, X0 shifters, converting the tires to tubeless and some chunky platforms it's about 28.7 lbs. Came spec'ed pretty nice and looks killer to boot, haven't rode it on a proper trail yet, but in some urban testing it feels good. And of course here's a couple pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Enduro Pro Carbon-endo1.jpg  

2010 Enduro Pro Carbon-endo2.jpg  

2010 Enduro Pro Carbon-endo3.jpg  

2010 Enduro Pro Carbon-endo4.jpg  

Compelling, and rich.
    Congrats on the sick ride! Can't wait to hear about how it performs on the trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    nice nice ride , ---that baby looks ready for some testing.

I got to ride one , but I did not get to put it through its paces .

Can't wait to here what you think .

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Looks very smooth. Quite a good weight out of the box.

mtbr member
    what a nice bike, congrats!

cougarbait
    that bike looks killer
    love the red rims
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

The Other Dude
    Those bikes were so much fun to ride up at Salt Lake, you are going to love that fork. Congrats!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Austin, Texas
    Your bike looks great. What type of handlebars did you add?
    Austin, Texas

Freeriding Feline
    Wow, it's really nice. Please let us know how it rides. I'm so curious about the 2010's.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well i have about 60 trail miles put on the bike now and I feel like i have it dialed in pretty well, so i feel like i can post some of my thoughts about it now. Overall it came speced reeally well, there really isn't much to change on it. The bars were too narrow for me so i threw on some Chromag chrome osx that I cut to 29 inches. The tires still suck, they are better than last years version- more volume and better side knobs, but they still wash out easily on loose over hard- no good for me. The Schwalbe fat alberts are going on tonight. Other than that though the bike is spot on, it climbs exceptionally well, descends like a really light DH bike and is uber-stiff. The suspension setup on this bike has been a whole lot of tinkering to get it to feel right, but if you take the time to do it right, the payoff is worth it. The backend is pretty straight forward with the exception of having the rebound set to 1 click off full SLOW. The fork works really well, it's stiff, the travel adjustment works very well but the damping could use a little work, it's similar in feel to an 08-09 fox 36 talas, but nowhere near as nice as the 2010 fox 36 float FIT that is on my nomad. The fork takes a few days to break in properly, it was pretty sticky whenb new, the adjustments change things alot with each click, glad to see a Maxle on it, carbon crowns and steer tube have me a bit worried, hopefully specialized didn't have a D student engineer them. Comparing it to my gen2 nomad- there is a world of difference. The nomad isn't nearly as strong of a climber, but it's much more nimble, the enduro is slower like a DH bike but much more stable at high speed. Even though the enduro isn't as nimble , it still does a little better in technical riding because it stays planted and holds a line better- uphill and downhill. Back to the enduro- the wheelset is nice, i swapped them out for my new crossmax sx's, but ended up putting the rovals back on for now, they have a nice springy-lively feel to them but are still stiff where they need to be. Brakes are good. Seatpost works wonderfully-much nicer than my Gravity Dropper. The drivetrain is perfect, shifting is flawless, actually the front shifts nicer than ANY bike I've ever ridden. Shiftguide works like it should, gearing is perfect for me, I've been running 22,24/36 for years now. Overall it's a great bike, does what it should and doesn't do much that it shouldn't- tires. The suspension takes a long time to get set up right, so if you hop on one for a quick test ride it'll most likely feel like crap, unless someone has it set up right. Well there's some of my first-ish impressions for now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Question about TRAVEL ADJUST

Due to my budget (this krappy economy). I am goin to buy the comp an add a speedball later. How is the climbing WITHOUT dropping the front end? Id rather not get the expert BUT was wondering if the fork pulls up and wanders due to the 160mm and slack geometry.

I am demoing one soon!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have the Attitude adjust on my E150 and do not drop it down on climbs. Works fine for me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shift96
    I have the Attitude adjust on my E150 and do not drop it down on climbs. Works fine for me
    Ditto for me too. And on the rare occasion I do use the lower setting, when I start heading downhill again I forget to put it back.

You just need to adjust your technique a little for climbing with a taller front end.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Hijack...

Sorry i I hijacked the thread talking about climb mode.

I was more curious about the 2010 Enduro, not the E150... I had the 07.
    Its the slackers head angle and 160mm that had me curious about climbing.

Found one to demo this week!

mtbr member

The big question...

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer299
    Comparing it to my gen2 nomad- there is a world of difference. The nomad isn't nearly as strong of a climber, but it's much more nimble, the enduro is slower like a DH bike but much more stable at high speed. Even though the enduro isn't as nimble , it still does a little better in technical riding because it stays planted and holds a line better- uphill and downhill.
    I have an '08 Enduro that I will probably never sell. But I'm considering an 2010/2011 Enduro OR a Nomad as my next purchase. If you had to chose one or the other as your ONLY bike (for trail, AM and light FR), which would you chose? And why?