The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009

New question here. 2010 Enduro Expert shock setup

What air pressure is everybody running in your shocks?

I am struggling to get my shock set after a rebuild. Seems either too soft or too firm, but not "just right" like I had it before. Also, my sag seems the same at 200psi as it is at 250psi (30%ish, and I want it around 20%...)

I'm right around 210lbs with gear and water.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    200 psi for me. 175 lbs all geared up. RP2BV shock needs more air pressure than the RP2.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealoha
    200 psi for me. 175 lbs all geared up. RP2BV shock needs more air pressure than the RP2.
    That actually took me a second look at the manual to figure out. It's labeled "RP23/BV" and "RP2". Instead of "RP23/RP2BV" and "RP2". And I have an RP2 with Boost Valve. I filled it to the RP2 level and promptly sagged to about 80%.

mtbr member
    May 2009

my local LBS

It's funny when I picked up my bike from the LBS this past November...dude comes out with a shock pump and asks me how much I weigh and he pumps up the shock to 170 psi and asks me to get on the bike. I get on it and it sagged about 50% and I knew the 170psi was too low and was just waiting for him to say something but he didn't. Got home and pumped it up to 200psi and it was set it and forget it since.

The pressure settings in the manual are just starting points and the LBS mechanic must have forgot about that and just let me out the door with 50% sag.

I'm with stupid
    Im 180-185ish geared up and run 210 psi at first i thought it was busted casue it was taking so much presure but then my idea of reading the manual kicked in and i didnt feel so bad.