mtbr member
    Oct 2009

2010 Enduro Crankset

Hi there!

My head is warming up with a nice deal on a Enduro 2010, the bike seems great but the only thing that keeps me back a bit is the 2 plate crankset, is it possible to swap the crankset for a normal 3 plate?
    I do a lot of uphilling as well as downhilling, but I am worried I'll miss my granny gear when going up.

Is it possible, or am I talking nonsense?

My second choice would be waiting untill next year and buying a Yeti 575, please what would you do in my place?
    My current bike is a FSR XC 2009, I love the bike, but really feel I need a more sturdy bike for the way down, this is my first bike, but my riding style has changed and I now ride a little more agressive, and would love a bike that handled better the downhill as well as for trail riding.

Thanks everyone for your point of view!!!

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    The two rings that the 2010 comes with stock are 22 teeth for the granny ring and 36 teeth for the middle/big ring. The cassette is 11-34 teeth, so your granny combo would still be 22/34 which is the same as your triple setup would give you. You'll lose a little top end with the absence of a 44/11 combo, but 36/11 is pretty high gearing already. Hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Castigador
    The two rings that the 2010 comes with stock are 22 teeth for the granny ring and 36 teeth for the middle/big ring. The cassette is 11-34 teeth, so your granny combo would still be 22/34 which is the same as your triple setup would give you. You'll lose a little top end with the absence of a 44/11 combo, but 36/11 is pretty high gearing already. Hope that helps!
    Yup. You lose no versatility with the current set-up. That is, unless you plan on BOMBING down paved roads of a 60 degree decline at 72 miles an hour with your pants on fire (in which case, I'd suggest a road bike)...