mtbr member
    Nov 2009

2010 Enduro Comp wheel/tire help....

Got a 2010 Enduro Comp with the stock DT Swiss E440s rims. It came with 2Bliss tires which I need to replace for the upcoming season. I've never had problems running tubes in the past and was considering going back to them. Here is my question- are my rims able to run a plain ole folding tire such as this?

Forté Pisgah 26x2.3 MTB Tire -- Folding - Mountain Bike Tires

I can't seem to figure out if the rims are some sort of tubeless specific or if it is just that the 2Bliss tires are "special" in order to make the rim be able to handle tubeless set up. I've searched for info on the rims and can't find much at all. Thanks for any help!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You can run any tire on these rims, with or without tubes. You need to use the 2bliss valve stems, stan's rim strip tape, and sealant to seal the rims for tubeless set up. I can't remember if mine were taped new, or if I did it. I replaced these wheels pretty quick.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for the reply blachdude. I couldn't find any info at all, other than running 2bliss tires which I probably won't do again. Mind if I ask why you chose to get rid of the wheels quickly? Thanks again.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The stock rims on the enduro comp seemed very flexy laterally, I had them tensioned a few times and no improvement, plus the hubs suck. They made the rear feel loose and not track well. So I got some stan's flows with king hubs, way better!!!! Sorry for late reply.