mtbr member
    Jul 2007

2010 Demo II Brake Line Need Help!

I know some of the Specialized reps surf these forums! Don't hide!

My Question is, I recently crashed on my Demo and pierced the outer cosmetic part of the brake line. The brake is a:

"Custom Avid Code CR Mag hydraulic disc, Mag CR lever with tooless reach and pad contact adj. Code caliper, stainless hardware, 203mm rotor

Custom Avid Code CR Mag Hydraulic, tool-less reach and pad contact adj."

Since I know Specialized mixes's some of there Levers, Bodies and Calipers, I'm wondering if a regular CR brake line will work as a replacement or if i need my shop to custom order me one. My brake line doesnt leek as of now but I want to get it replaced Asap.

Thought I would try to forum before I take it to my shop, because im not a big fan of my new local shop ....

If i still was at my old shop I wouldnt be posting... They literally do everything to help me. Sucks... leaving a place like that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    regular CR line should work fine.

mtbr member
    Regular Avid brake line will be more than fine. They're pretty much all universal but you might have to use a different fitting at the ends. I'd contact SRAM directly and see if they can send you out exactly the right line.

Personally though, unless fluid is coming out of the line I wouldn't worry too badly about it. I have had a brake line get sliced by a razor before and I ran it for over two years with no leaks.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

um hmmm
    Nov 2009
    The code caliper uses a different fitting. it uses the same fitting that you would use at the lever to connect the line. The elixir lever uses the same fitting as the Juicy levers.

you can use any line you want, an elixir line you will cut off the elixir fitting a juicy line you will end up cutting off the banjo fitting.

I think Juicy lines are typically cheaper.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks guys I just wanted to be sure. Ya there is no oil coming out of the line but I want to replace it just for peace of mind.