Ride.Recover.Beer.

2010 "Budget Bike" 29er Hardrock

All I can say is Wow. I bought one yesterday to just push around the local trails with friends. The thing rode great, and did exactly what I wanted it to do.

And for the price ($640 out the door), if you need a budget bike, like I call it, do yourself a favor and test one.

I noticed LITTLE difference between a friend's Rockhopper and my Hardrock.

$1299+tax or $640, you tell me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I agree, I bought a new Rockhopper 29er Disc two weeks ago for about the same price.. I'm very happy with my budget bike too.

I've been particularly impressed with the lower end shimano components. I've put them to the test and they have performed flawlessly. Hopefully they will hold up.
    Last edited by knoxpossum; 08-20-2009 at 08:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    No pics?!
    Karate Kid 3 changed my life.

Ride.Recover.Beer.
    Your wish is my command.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Been riding mine for a couple weeks now. I got mine for same price as yours. Though I should of bought something better but I am glad I didn't. Its performs great and is an excellent bike to start with to get into the sport. Nice muddy pics:-)

boba fett on a bike
    I test rode one of these a couple months ago and loved it. I'm thinking about picking up one of these or else a regular Hardrock Sport Disc. Why doesn't Specialized list the 29er version on their website?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Check out Bikepedia.com. They have the 2010 versions listed including the new hardrock sport 29er. They haven't listed the RH or SJ models yet though.

I picked up the new hardrock sport 29er about the month ago and I am enjoying it a lot. No complaints thus far. Go for it.

Ride.Recover.Beer.

The Other Dude
    Those are such nice bikes for the money! And they ride really nice, i gotta admit, i was concerned about the front fork, but after a few rides, it does not seem to be an issue, excellent job Specialized!!!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Ride.Recover.Beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Those are such nice bikes for the money! And they ride really nice, i gotta admit, i was concerned about the front fork, but after a few rides, it does not seem to be an issue, excellent job Specialized!!!
    I was with you. Concerned about components. But at the same time, I had to keep in mind how inexpensive the bike was. Since then, I've gone SS, and I still don't have one gripe about the bike for what I paid.

locked - time out
    My friend bought one from our LBS last night for $550 OTD. I rode it and it felt like a great deal for a bike at that pricepoint.

Members who have read this thread: 0