Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2010 to 2012 enduro owners.

1K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  griffter18 
#1 ·
Made the 5 post so i can now make a new thread:) Want to get a used 2010 - 2011 frame if i can find one but unsure on what size i should be looking at.

Im bang on 6ft with shoes and slightly under without.For those of you who own the newer frame design enduro and similar height comment on what size you ride.

I have tested a medium evo 2011 frame but was only round my LBS car park it felt ok but the shop owner said it looked very small underneath me.

The bike will be used for everything....long XC rides AM and a touch of DH which is why im looking at the enduro as a do all bike.

So guys what frame size do you ride at a similar height to me?

#2 ·
I am 6'3" and ride a Large. Perfect AM geometry for me. I would think the Medium would be a bit small for you, unless you have longer-than-average arms and torso for your height. A smaller frame will feel very nimble on steep downhills and in technical sections, but may feel cramped on smooth, flowy trails and fireroads. You can always throw a longer stem on there, but it really changes the feel of the bike. The short stem and wide bars are really great.

#10 ·
6' even and ride a large S-works. Keep in mind the Enduro has the longest reach and stack of just about any all-mountrain frame made since 2011. I know this because I used a reach and stack calculator and built a spreadsheet so I could use these standardized measurements to compare all the bikes I was interested in.

That said, the long reach and stack allows me to do 2 things - run a super short 35mm stem on a single 2.5mm steering tube spacer. It gives me perfect balls-to-the-wall descending capability without feeling the slightest bit cramped. I can't say enough good things about the fit, position, and handling of this bike - both going up as well as down.

Cheers!

#14 ·
Im 5'11" and ride a medium. Could ride a large thouh but i do more freeride on my Enduro so i went for a smaller frame to throw about easier. Im running a dirt jump stem so its really short (10mm i think) and 730mm bars, but the geo still feels great. If i was you i'd probs go a large :)

#15 ·
I'm about 5'11.5, 31" inseam, and am happy with my med. Enduro. I rode a L and M around outside the shop. I've always ridden larges before, and the M felt different than what I was used to, but felt just fine (so did the L, honestly). I went M mostly because it was an Expert spec with an incredible price (test bike, only $200 more than they wanted for the Comp). After a few rides on it, including some drops and jumps at a bike park, I'm very happy with my purchase (both with the sizing and the bike overall).

#16 ·
6'3" on a Large with a 50mm stem and superwide bars. My only complaint is that I have to run the command post pretty high, so when I drop it I wish it were a bit lower. Still perfect for trail and AM riding, a little high for jumping.

HOWEVER, for a bike of this type I prefer a tad small vs. a tad big. I would buy an XL stumpjumper or epic.

#17 ·
Im 6'2" and ride a Large.
It feels slightly smaller than my Stumpy but pins everything I point it at and is very flickable.
Go to LBS and try M-XL if you can then figure which feels best and get that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.