mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2009 S-Works Epic Question

I just bought a 2009 s works epic brand new from the bike store (at a very nicely reduced price I might add).

Question: As I got it home and really began to look at it, the black carbon fiber looks kind of "streaky". It is a little hard to explain, but the mat black finish is not perfectly consistent. I was looking on Specialized's web site and saw one of their photo's for the same bike and I believe it also had this inconsistent finish, so I thought it is probably just the way it is.

Can anyone who has this exact bike verify this is just the way it is? Thanks.

old fart
    Mar 2010
    Normal. My forks and the non-painted parts of my frame have a "wavy" nature to them with the underlying carbon layup. The surface should be smooth though.

Ride that sucker, and forget about it. There are *way* too many clean bikes on this forum :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwi
    Normal. My forks and the non-painted parts of my frame have a "wavy" nature to them with the underlying carbon layup. The surface should be smooth though.

Ride that sucker, and forget about it. There are *way* too many clean bikes on this forum :-)

That was the answer I was hoping for. Thanks.

Go SOLAR...
    Yes your fine...its just the way carbon is. Enjoy it

Members who have read this thread: 0