Waiting for peace

2009 Epic: how many clicks on the blue knob??

The title says it all.... I can't remember how many clicks are supposed to be on the blue knob from full firm to full soft and I'm thinking that the 57 that I got sounds like, waaay off....

Anyone?

mtbr member
    This is how many clicks of rebound damping my 2009 Epic's E100 fork and original Specialized brain rear shock had.

My New S-work Epic impressions

On my 2009 Epic the rear shock had 17 clicks of red dial rebound damping adjustment available.
    The front Specialized E100 fork had 3 full turns of red dial rebound damping adjustment.

I just went and counted the brain dial adjustments. The E100 fork with its current cartridge has 38 clicks of blue dial brain adjustment. It also clearly has an oil leak as my hands are covered in fork oil after turning the dial to count the clicks.

The 2010 Fox brain rear shock has 13 clicks of blue dial brain adjustment. I couldn't find a note of what my Epic's 2009 Specialized brain had but I think it had a lot more. The clicks on the 2009 brain dial were smaller whilst you have to turn the 2010 brain dial a long way for each click.

That's counting from where having the dial turned fully counter clockwise as far as it will go = 0 and then counting each click from then on as 1.

Waiting for peace
    Thanks WR304!!!

I'll write that down next time I take it all the way apart.... assuming that I get it back together tonight!