mtbr member
    Dec 2006

2009 epic aluminum ?

will the epics be available in a aluminum version in the usa ? i found this
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...5855&Type=bike
    that would be crazy if this bike is not available
    Last edited by MTBRACERX; 07-31-2008 at 05:12 AM.

mtbr member
    those are pre-production.
    only carbon frames are getting the new design, everything else is the previous frame design.

they are doing this so they can make sure the new brain mini shocks are perfect before doing the whole line with them,to avoid what happend with the E150. Smaller numbers produced=better quality control.so expect cheaper new epic alum frames in 2010.
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

Loser
    With the exception of the brain - that looks an awful lot like a Titus RacerX - no?

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    New Alu Epics will be available but at a later date.

See this thread : Aluminum Epic 2009 ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDK^
    New Alu Epics will be available but at a later date.

See this thread : Aluminum Epic 2009 ?

are you getting your information from that thread?

im getting mine from the specialized dealer event in colorado and the new dealer book, that shows old aluminum epic frames for 09, you know, the one thats not a bunch of random internet talk, you know, the book that specialized makes to let the dealers know what models they are going to make. yup, that one.
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    are you getting your information from that thread?

im getting mine from the specialized dealer event in colorado and the new dealer book, that shows old aluminum epic frames for 09, you know, the one thats not a bunch of random internet talk, you know, the book that specialized makes to let the dealers know what models they are going to make. yup, that one.
    I'm getting my information from the photos of new Alu Epics. If Spesh aren't making new Alu Epics then what is this

Oz
    mtbr member
    I've seen the book Midas is talking about at my LBS and it showed the alu. epics with the same design as the 2008 models. I don't have any idea what this means as far as production or availability goes, but I think Midas is a dealer and knows what he is talking about.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    According to the recent product launch for Specialized conducted by their NZ distributor, there will be no alloy Epics. Thats as close to the horses mouth as you can get without phoning up the CEO. Just cos theres a photo does not make it so, there guys build hundreds of options before narrowing down to what they'll actually produce.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

S-Works Stumpjumper for an EPIC

Hi guys,

I have been thinking lately of selling my 08 S-Works stumpjumper FSR frame kit so that I can get the new S-Works EPIC frame kits.. I will be selling if for I believe $2800 for the frame and fork along with these items>Thomson Elite 0'x90 stem(Blk),Thomson Setback seatpost(Blk)w quickrelease collar,Integrated headset,XTR DMD Front Derailleur. THis frame is in excellent condition with no chips or dings on it. The frame has been well taken care of. I just want to sell it here shortly so that I can get the New EPIC frame kit.. I will probably be selling it in late October. It will be well taken care of even up to that time. I have never crashed the frame. Send me some info if you think that you might be interested. I can send you some pictures to your email if interested or want to just take a look at it. I trued twice to put a pic in the Treads but it wont download, so gave up on that.. So I can send it to your email. I live in the North San Jose,CA area. I will only be selling it to a local sale only! Thanks for looking.. HAVE A GOOD ONE, RIDE ON.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    so it comes down to the fact that the new rear shocks might suck . no thanks .
    i will buy another brand . thank you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBRACERX
    so it comes down to the fact that the new rear shocks might suck . no thanks .
    i will buy another brand . thank you
    For sure not ... and even then, Specialized has super waranty service, something that can not be said of all manufacturers. My S-Works HT carbon had a small crack at the left chainstay : could have been the paint or the carbon, who knows. Within 4 days a new frame was delivered at my dealer.
    Another guy I know had a small chip of paint of the headset when his new frame arrived at the shop. Almost unnoticeable, but even that they replaced

With Specialized you pay a little more, but you do get what you pay for

I ordered my S-Works Epic 2009 with E100 Fork about two weeks ago !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow
    For sure not ... and even then, Specialized has super waranty service, something that can not be said of all manufacturers. My S-Works HT carbon had a small crack at the left chainstay : could have been the paint or the carbon, who knows. Within 4 days a new frame was delivered at my dealer.
    Another guy I know had a small chip of paint of the headset when his new frame arrived at the shop. Almost unnoticeable, but even that they replaced

With Specialized you pay a little more, but you do get what you pay for

I ordered my S-Works Epic 2009 with E100 Fork about two weeks ago !
    Do you know what the price is going to be? Frame or full bike?
    UK-Biking Shop now live - Also follow us on Facebook and Twitter

mtbr member
    In Europe, frame / fork / front derailleur / BB adapters would be about 3900 euro.

Given the current exchange rate of euro / $ , it's best not to convert this currency in US dollars

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    epic expert $5500 epic marathon $7200 way over priced if you ask me

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBRACERX
    epic expert $5500 epic marathon $7200 way over priced if you ask me
    Don't buy one then.

Getting back to the original question. There will be new Alu 2009 Epics but as I said above they will not be launched with the rest of the 09 line-up, hence why the 08 Alu Epics are in the new catalogue.
    Also, as in my post on the thread I linked to; dealers only report back the official word from Specialized, which at the moment is “no Alu Epcis”. Clearly from the photos of 4-5 models of 2009 Alu Epics (Sport – Pro) that were pulled from a website they exist, the only question is when will they be available.